Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 15, 2024, 07:05:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Projection and other odd happenings  (Read 372 times)
insideoutside

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« on: October 20, 2017, 07:52:58 AM »

7 months on and I am still thinking about my friend; not as much but he's still there in my mind.

I have been going over some of the things he said to me in his final email; two jump out and now in reflection I am wondering if they were projections:

"You know how eccentric I am; and its no good for you".

"We clearly can't be friends because things gets blurred and you have feelings towards me which are not good for you."

He would always say things were 'no good for me' when he was talking about us meeting up or being in contact.  Maybe he was projecting that these things aren't good for him but also maybe he did have some insight in to how much his personality cripples others?

Also he has been off facebook for nearly 4 months now; but bizarrely other things now pop up.  For example, he is an actor and a page that is linked to rotten tomatoes is now appearing when you put his name in search.  That has been happening for some time now.  Then a couple of weeks ago an article about 'XXX net wealth' has now appeared.  The net wealth one is utter rubbish and clearly not what he earns at all... .but why am I suddenly seeing these when they weren't there before?  Is it a subtle way of him making sure I see something about him if I search his name?  The net worth one is ridiculous and literally made my eyes roll.  

Also on his spotlight account he has been updating it to show what he is currently doing with regards to acting jobs; this was never updated 7 months ago and he has added 'weight training' to his hobbies.  Weirdly I have lost 2.5 stone and been hitting the gym hard.  His spotlight account has been updated and changed and put back to what it was, then other things added quite a lot recently.  Again I wonder if its to catch my attention.  I know I know I shouldn't look but... .

Anybody else get these insights which do make you think 'was that posted for my benefit'?

Or maybe I am over analysing as usual  Smiling (click to insert in post)
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 07:59:15 AM »

Maybe he was projecting that these things aren't good for him but also maybe he did have some insight in to how much his personality cripples others?

i think they are honest statements of emotional unavailability. an emotionally unavailable person will often say things such as:

"you deserve better"
"im not good for you"
"you should find someone else"
"im a screwup and ill end up hurting you"

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
insideoutside

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 05:16:34 AM »

i think they are honest statements of emotional unavailability. an emotionally unavailable person will often say things such as:

"you deserve better"
"im not good for you"
"you should find someone else"
"im a screwup and ill end up hurting you"

Thanks for your insight.  The thing is we were only friends; I’m married, so was always perplexed by his statements that made out I was chasing him.  It was always him asking to meet up and then finding some lame excuse to then not meet after I’d made arrangements.  Sure sometimes I wondered what it would be like to be back in romantic relationship with him but knew it was never a possibility and wouldn’t upend my life for instability. 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest