Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 14, 2024, 05:30:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please need encouragement, fading fast...  (Read 369 times)
topknot

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 24, 2014, 10:34:07 PM »

WOW, the #$@* is hitting the fan tonite... he left 3 weeks ago, and now is texting me about how he is making a list of all of our possessions and how to divide them up. I said I am working late tonight, you have a key,  just come and take what you need,  but give me a heads up, as I dont walk in on people and would appreciate the same courtesy.  Rage, verbal vomit... . "this whole relationship has been nothing but a train wreck with you. I am coming Saturday with a moving van to empty your garage"... . blah, blah... . I'm torn between being here to make sure he only takes his stuff, but would rather not be here if he gets in my face. What should I do?
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 10:56:11 PM »

WOW, the #$@* is hitting the fan tonite... he left 3 weeks ago, and now is texting me about how he is making a list of all of our possessions and how to divide them up. I said I am working late tonight, you have a key,  just come and take what you need,  but give me a heads up, as I dont walk in on people and would appreciate the same courtesy.  Rage, verbal vomit... . "this whole relationship has been nothing but a train wreck with you. I am coming Saturday with a moving van to empty your garage"... . blah, blah... . I'm torn between being here to make sure he only takes his stuff, but would rather not be here if he gets in my face. What should I do?

I'm sorry for what you're going through. These emotional rollercoasters are difficult. He's throwing up FOG. Stick to your boundaries and  try not to let his drama affect you at work or personal life. I don't think it's wise to have him have access. You don't know what he may do. Do you have a family member or friend that can be with you if you decide to be there? That should put his acting out in check. This type of behavior is usually only witnessed behind closed doors with no one else looking in. Can you have whatever he needs sent to him? Hang in there.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Theo41

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 11:09:02 PM »

As I see it, if you want to avoid having him in ur face, you need not to be there. Choices would be to leave before he arrives and have all his stuff in the garage and lock the doors to the house so he can't go into the main house and take or do damage to ur belongings. A second option would be to go but leave the doors open, allowing him to take what he needs. A third option would be to put his stuff in the garage-all of it ( avoid the scenario where he says "I want the easy chair and it's not out here. " ) Stay in the house with as much support as u can get ( police, friends, family, etc. ). Lock the doors and don't let him in.

I like the idea also, of making a trip to the police station and giving them a heads up on what's happening. Get a phone number from them to call if u need help. Maybe u will get lucky and they end up placing a patrol car nearby while he's at the house. Please stay out of harms way, possession can be replaced. U can't.  And once he's out don't let him back in.  Even if you think want to reconcile, don't do anything for 6 months to a year. All best wishes to you. Theo
topknot

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 07:29:28 AM »

Thank you both for your quick replies. You brought up some points I didn't think about.  Can you explain more about how FOG applies here? I am not very familiar with that whole concept.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 08:22:49 AM »

Thank you both for your quick replies. You brought up some points I didn't think about.  Can you explain more about how FOG applies here? I am not very familiar with that whole concept.

Emotional blackmail. There's fear and guilt in FOG. Fear Obligation and Guilt.

Excerpt
"this whole relationship has been nothing but a train wreck with you. I am coming Saturday with a moving van to empty your garage"

He is projecting when he is blaming you about the r/s failing and throwing around guilt.

Emotional blackmail when he threatens in cleaning out the garage because he's not getting his way.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest