Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 19, 2024, 06:08:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a scam  (Read 2142 times)
Geoffrey Setiawan

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Single

« on: May 18, 2022, 04:54:07 PM »

Hey brother - This is Geoffrey. I've made a video for you on an honest look into my program.

You'll be getting a ton of comments from my clients in your other thread. So these are people who have actually gone through the program and found life-changing results. Yes, I did ask my clients to support me, no shame in that Smiling (click to insert in post)

I have nothing to hide - as I outlined in the video below.

Not sure what other evidence you need that what we do is not a scam. But I'll let you watch this video and you decide for yourself!

https://www.loom.com/share/413c6334e3c544c099b5915a99edab96

Shekardaryl

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 01:30:37 PM »

Hey i came across this post and wanted to give my thoughts on this thread, hence a new account to put in my reply. Few months back I myself was researching more about Geoffreys program before joining, and I deeply understand your concern as it seems costly and he is young. But after endless hours of watching his YouTube videos and going through the free master class, I come to understand so much of what he teaches is related to what my marriage issue really is about. At the end of January I decided to go for it and sign up. After 4 months into the program and I am still only 54% through the program, I feel it is fair enough for me to come back and give my honest two cents on how much the first 2 phases of the program has changed my life.

Whatever information on his YouTube videos, this program takes it to a whole new level of very rich information to not only work on fixing my marriage but also come to terms about myself and how to be a better person overall, tackling relationships in my day to day life, business, family and friendships. It is completely new and rich with of 100+ hours of information compared to his YouTube videos which only scratches the surface. As of today my marriage is not reconciled yet, However, this program has given me the right process to open opportunities to dance in conversations with my partner like never before and deeply understand her. This program teaches on understanding the intrinsic value of many things we do in life when we have the right process, and I believe I have finally found it and the right community to work on it.

He may be young, but best believe i have seen members 30 years older to him in the group take his advise, methods and frameworks in making their partners fall in love with them again after years of failed marriage. Some take months some take a year , some longer, but time heals  when we treat and take care of the injury right.  I was too judgmental when I first saw his YouTube videos ,  I underestimate someone who is determined to spend every ounce of effort to search for the right methods and answers in understanding partnership on a deeper level. Geoffrey is actively on the Facebook group responding to every single question and post people have along with coaching calls. Today I am grateful for the decision I made to join in January 2022, I have no regrets, and I do it again over and over.
BPDFamily
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 05:52:54 PM »

Staff only

The above post was posted by Geoffrey Setiawan. Request to cease (link).

Excerpt
1.12 Advertising and Commerce: Links to publishers, book stores, and pharmaceutical companies are permitted. Links to face-to-face medical providers of which members have had first hand experience are permitted. Members may not advertise, recruit, solicit, sell or provide links for online therapists / life coaches who are providing online fee-for-service. Members may not advertise or link to websites selling products and services online.
www.bpdfamily.com/guidelines#advertising

borna

Relationship status: single

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 07:27:51 PM »

My name is Borna and I am from Croatia. As I saw these embarrassing posts related to Geoffrey Setiawan, I needed to react: register and tell my personal experience, which was nothing but positive.  I bought the program from him 6 months ago. Buying this program was a big decision for me as 2000 USD is a lot of money, and I didn't want to be disappointed with my decision to buy it, especially in the moment when I am already disappointed a lot with myself. In Croatia 2000 USD is worth even more than for example in the USA, as the Croatian average salary is 1200 USD. I needed to take a loan to buy this program, and you know what? I wouldn't regret it even if I paid 10 000 USD. This program is not just an average relationship tactic that you can find on youtube, it's a way to massively change yourself. This is not just several videos that you watch, it's a masterpiece of HOW to really change yourself to become somebody she cannot resist, somebody irreplaceable. And I don't want to advertise this program, but only give my honest review. Right now you probably have a lot of bad paradigms that drove you here.  The program gives you not just a bunch of new healthy paradigms, but it also teaches you how to do daily practice so that these paradigms become reflexive - daily practice becomes your lifestyle. When you change your paradigms, you basically make an identity shift. This is necessary to be able to learn the frameworks afterwhile, as you cannot have a good conversation if your mindset is still bad. This program doesn't teach you tactics but teaches you processes which are helping you to be self-sustainable so that you can create infinite tactics for yourself in any situation. The program is not limited to any kind of religious people. I am Christian and it also helps me to live my Christian values. The program actually helps you to be whatever you want, i.e. to become the best version of yourself. I am also a scientist (you can find me at the Croatian Institute of physics site, Borna P. - if you want to be sure I am not some non-existent character) and I don't have the problem that there are no scientific studies behind this program, BUT the program itself really has a scientific approach in many ways. Who knows, maybe one day there will be some study; I think children should learn the principles from this program in high school. Feel free to look for other programs, but many have regretted that they didn't start with this one at first; and again I am telling you this only because I would like somebody to tell me that before 6 months, as it was also not an easy decision for me too.
BPDFamily
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 08:03:03 PM »

Staff only

The above post appears to be a recruited by and made on behalf of Geoffrey Setiawan after an email request from BPDFamily admins requesting to "not hand select reviewers to post in this community". We are allowing these two posts to remain and have not deleted any reviews, but will delete future solicited reviews per policy.  Response from Setiawan (link).

Name
Shekardaryl
borna
    Registered
May 18, 2022, 04:07:54 PM
May 18, 2022, 04:22:36 PM

Excerpt
1.12 Advertising and Commerce: Links to publishers, book stores, and pharmaceutical companies are permitted. Links to face-to-face medical providers of which members have had first hand experience are permitted. Members may not advertise, recruit, solicit, sell or provide links for online therapists / life coaches who are providing online fee-for-service. Members may not advertise or link to websites selling products and services online.
www.bpdfamily.com/guidelines#advertising

Geoffrey Setiawan

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 02:10:36 PM »

Okay, sorry to keep doing this, but the admins keep deleting my accounts and responses, my client's accounts and responses.

The claims made by the admins above are not true.

1) The posts are not made by me.

I tried to post an external link with proof, but my posts were deleted because of that. But if needed I can show proof that...

Borna and Shekar Daryl are real people within my community & program.

Borna is enrolled in my program, and Shekar is also enrolled in my program:

They are real people.

Borna did tell me that he made this post, and that Shekar also told me that he made this post himself.

2) These posts are not solicited.

We have to realize that this thread is now ranking highly on SEO, and many of my clients are passionate about talking about this program.

Again, if you allow external links, I can show more proof that...

Borna's post is not solicited as he did this because he came across this thread, and WANTS to do it.

Shekar's post is not solicited, and he is doing this because he cares about this program and knows how damaging false defamation can be.

I repeat - I am not soliciting my clients for reviews (You guys removed the old thread and changed the link).

I can show more proof that the call to action I gave my clients were to the old non-existent post, and that all future ones are instances where the clients posted it themselves.

I can show proof that my clients are not paid or forced to give positive reviews in any way, that they are free to post whatever they want to post (positive or negative) about me.

That the intent for my clients is not to sell others on the program, but to simple respond to the question at hand given by the original poster.

I repeat - My clients are not getting a single cent from doing this, and they should have the best idea of what my services are like, as they have experienced it.

The same way you should not be allowing reviews from non-customers, and you should be allowing more reviews from customers...

You should also allow reviews from my clients if they are unsolicited and honest.
BPDFamily
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 04:57:44 PM »

Staff only

We will be removing your post as stated in the mod note because it violates guidelines, but for those reading, I did want to respond.

Clearly it is not validating to hear someone ask the question, "is the Geoffrey Setiawan a scam?". At the same time it was just a member question, one that is asked every day about Internet resources.

We respected your feelings, we re-titled thread, encouraged you to sit back and wait for more content to develop. We said you would be welcomed to discuss the content in the thread at a later date (if you were interested). You agreed to that.

Everyone will benefit from a discussion of concepts and hearing different perspectives.

I think we can all agree that teaching emotional intelligence and emotional maturity is not just about videos and blogs, it is about living and leading by example. And it might be worth reflecting on:

Has your reaction been proportionate to the situation?

Was issuing a "call to action" constructive and did it help achieve your goal - or has it raised questions?

Is having clients defend your credibility an expectation of your relationship with tyem? Should it be?

Should your clients launch a "call to action" and ask others to defend them when they feel slighted?

I do apologize that I was not aware that there were 7 other accounts opened between 4-5 PM on May 18 all of which posted "Geoffrey Setiawan is not a scam" messages. And yes, they were pulled by the spam patrol.

Geoffrey Setiawan

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2022, 01:10:47 PM »

Appreciate your feedback...

I realize that we both are trying to do some good here, so I'll just address your points above and bow out.

If any of you have questions about me or anything that has been said on this thread, feel free to ask. Again, I have nothing to hide.

1) I actually did tell my clients to stop posting on this thread and allowed for this content to develop, but as I said, my influence is quite large and we do work with 1,400+ active clients at the moment.

I can't control what everyone does - so when you see a post, it does not mean I "made it up", solicited it, or that it is a scam.

We need to realize that due to the way this thread has been re-titled the post, it now shows up highly on SEO when people search for reviews of my name.

2) My goal here was not to cause a row, but just to suggest that if the thread is going to be re-titled as "Geoffrey Setiawan, Online Reputation, Independent Review", that you actually allow for organic and independent reviews.

Even when several of my clients have tried to post on this thread in an organic and independent way, their accounts have been shut down, and what they said has been falsely mis-represented and dismissed.

So I do not think that we are following through on what was agreed upon, which is "to wait for more content to develop".

I wished you actually posted my full email responses to you guys, and kept my responses to you all in this thread, and I think it will become very clear what my intentions are from the get-go.

3) I get hundreds of comments per week that are negative. In fact, I recently had to move houses as we were getting death threats to our old home.

This is not me trying to "rally the troops" because I can't handle a slight.

But I cannot ignore that because of the way this post has been titled, it now ranks highly on Google SEO when people search for my name, so of course, I am going to speak my mind if I see that my lifelong work has been mis-represented.

And of course, my clients would see it and stand for something they deeply believe in.

Again, my clients were not forced to post something positive about me nor were they paid to do so.

If that makes me someone with low emotional intelligence or emotional maturity, so be it. I wish you would include all my communication to you guys, and see that I have been trying to be extremely transparent and handle this in a very professional way.

I think this experience has taught me that when you do good work, people appreciate that, and people want to help. This includes my clients.

4) We were just all trying to give OP the most accurate and unbiased responses to his questions. If you kept many of my client's responses, you will see that none are trying to sell, but all are educated and well-thought out responses to OP.

After all, aren't my clients the people who are most qualified to give the most comprehensive and honest review about me?

Don't they know me best?

And again, they aren't forced to post anything positive about me. They could have posted something negative if their experience was indeed negative.

5) Finally, regarding the 7 other accounts that have opened within the hour - I do not think that suggests that those account were spam.

Perhaps it's because we do work with a lot of clients who have come to love the service that we provide, and will stand up for what they believe in at a moment's notice.

But like I said, I have since told them to stop posting on this thread as I have seen that honest and thoughtful reviews about me has not been well-received.

Hope that clears some things up, and again, if any of you have questions about me or anything that has been said on this thread, feel free to ask!

We have nothing to hide and will be a completely open book!

BPDFamily
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2022, 03:10:26 PM »

I get hundreds of comments per week that are negative. In fact, I recently had to move houses as we were getting death threats to our old home.

That's very unfortunate that you are getting death threats, but please be assured, if anyone from that group (or any outside group) posts here, we will also pull their posts. Sorry you are going through this.

I wished you actually posted my full email responses

We will look into putting the emails and the pulled posts into a pdf link and attach it to the thread. That will take a little time to pull together.

Now, let's let the members look at your web and YouTube content and critique it .

Geoffrey Setiawan

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2022, 11:00:34 AM »

Great points and questions. I do think however, that a lot of things here are taken out of context.

Now, the admins keep revoking my right to speak up and comment, which I do have comments on the questions posed above.

Now note - I will make a few references to the program and my full service, because yes, while reviewing ONE of my blog posts is okay, it's providing an incomplete look into the full context.

I am not trying to sell, but to perhaps bring more clarity to the questions posed.

I am not trying to advertise in any way, but I am not sure how I am supposed to respond to someone's questions about the credibility of my principles without mentioning my full set of principles, which the program contains.

And like I said below, we're already full as a business, and we turn down 92% of people who apply simple because we don't have room. There is not incremental monetary benefit I am getting from responding here.

If you have ideas how I can respond better here without being labeled as advertising, I will be all ears.

1) I want to clarify the fact that our system does go deep enough into allowing others to become their own "therapist" in a way. We do have 100+ hours of content, after all.

We can show you the evidence of many of our clients doing this, actually stopping their therapy and creating a thriving direction and life on their own.

And this is not done in a proud way, or a "know it all" way, but done through actual deep understanding,  execution and synthesis of a comprehensive set of principles.

In fact, we enroll more than 5 dozen therapists every single year because they want to learn our system after hearing how their clients paradigms and lives begin to drastically change one they truly master the principles in our full service program.

We get many emails per week from therapists who are so impressed by their clients' growths after taking the program, that they express interest in doing the program on their own.

We can also show endless evidence of the therapists themselves who have joined and have completely changed the way they synthesized the principles and teach the principles for their own practice.

So if you will allow me, I would love for the opportunity to show you this evidence.

I already have many Youtube videos referencing this and showing this in both direct and indirect ways as well.

2) To your point on using my experience from reading books, therapy, etc...This isn't inherently wrong.

All knowledge is iterative. When Einstein came up with the theory of relativity, while the theory itself is revolutionary, the premises and hypotheses by which he bases that revolutionary concept isn't new.

The difference lies in how you synthesize already proven and tested first-principles to:

1) Create the right formation of what the problems and the right causes of the problems actually are.

2) To create the right remedies, action steps, and realistic and effective applications for them.

Again, if you become more familiar with my work, my philosophies, etc... It might provide more context for people to understand the claims behind this one blog post a little better.

So again, let me know if I can have the opportunity to speak up my mind on this, and show you the evidence of this.

3) We're not tricking to trick people into joining our program and taking their money.

In fact, we currently only have room to accept less than 8% of people who apply for the program.

People don't come to use after reviewing just one blog article. People come to us after watching many hours of content, synthesizing the content themselves, comparing the synthesis they received from us vs. elsewhere, and only them submitting their application.

We don't take money from people who don't know us, or who don't yet trust our system.

I don't do this for the money - I do this to help people.

So again, let me know if I am allowed to show you evidence of any and all of my claims here.
Geoffrey Setiawan

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2022, 08:04:20 PM »

I would like to eventually respond to your questions above, but I am not sure how to write a response that meets all your guidelines.

So to avoid getting this deleted, I will just say that those are all valid points which we have thought about, and addressed in multiple other videos.

Appreciate the thoughts and comments.

Thank you!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Get Someone into Therapy
Treatment of BPD