Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 05:16:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blocking males  (Read 380 times)
Hutsepotmetworst

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: February 09, 2013, 12:23:46 PM »

My exBPDgf blocks every possible male communication, other then with me. It's almost absurd. Last week she refused help from her neighbour with carrying her errants to her appartment. She has almost no male friends on facebook (or they are gay).

She says that she does that for me, that she's afraid to hurt me... .  

Has anyone seen that from your BPD-partners ?
tuum est61

Relationship status: Married 10 years. Now divorced

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 03:09:42 PM »

My exBPDgf blocks every possible male communication, other then with me. It's almost absurd. Last week she refused help from her neighbour with carrying her errants to her appartment. She has almost no male friends on facebook (or they are gay).

She says that she does that for me, that she's afraid to hurt me... .  

Has anyone seen that from your BPD-partners ?

Welcome to bpdfamily.com!

I think it's more common for a pwBPD to be very friendly/outgoing/promiscuous with others that are potentially romantic partners and/or be very controlling of similar contact by their partners.  

Make sure you read the links here. It sounds like a bit over overcompensating "pull" behavior - trying to hold on to you by demonstrating her "complete commitment".

Perhaps she's had problems before with the opposite and again, is trying to prove to you - and to herself - that she's not "that way"? How much of her past history do you know?

hithere

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 03:52:03 PM »

Maybe she keeps them away so she is not tempted?

Maybe it is a way to say that she finds it unacceptable that you have female friends?

Maybe she was sexually abused and is afraid of men?

Mine was very friendly and flirty with men but she would freak if I talked to women or had women friends.

Really it is hard to figure out many of the things people with BPD do because 1. they don't know most of the time and 2. they live in an alternate reality
Hutsepotmetworst

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 03:12:14 AM »

Maybe it is a way to say that she finds it unacceptable that you have female friends?

Mine was very friendly and flirty with men but she would freak if I talked to women or had women friends.

I suppose it was this option... .  She freaked out every time I mentioned or contacted a woman friend.

She dreamed that I betrayed her with a girl from my sportsclub... .  a girl she had never seen, or did I ever spoke of ! And so she believed my sportsclub was eventually a sexclub... .  for heaven's sake !

Offcourse this led to the end of the relationship. She didn't feel safe anymore wit me she said... .  
benny2

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 10:30:05 AM »

Mine is very jealous natured and believes things in his mind that don't exsist. I have been very faithful to him but he still thinks I'm always up to something. As for him, he works very hard at hiding his infidelity from me, and tries to put on the innocent act, but I know better. It could be she is either hiding it, or just does'nt trust herself. If it is the fact that she does'nt trust herself, be thankful she is taking measures to prevent it. Most would not.
Gaslit

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 11:08:54 AM »

It's important to note that often words and actions don't equal each other.

My friend with BPD will tell you all day long how she doesn't do this, or that, all in an effort to redefine my reality and maybe hers. And guess what? She does do this, or that, or both -- and I am sure that I don't even know the half of it!

So there is that, and there is also the possibly that this is simply an attempt to control you by making you feel guilty if you talk to others girls, since your GF would never ever talk to other boys. Never.

Sure.

benny2

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 11:44:26 AM »

yep so true! I sometimes think they convince themselves of their lies.
tuum est61

Relationship status: Married 10 years. Now divorced

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 09:44:57 PM »

So what do "we" do when "they" gaslight, dissociate, deceive, and lie?

Or, working our way back to the original question, how do we think Hut should respond when his gf initiates her "male blocking?"

benny2

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 10:32:47 PM »

Get out I guess. Thats the most logical answer I can come up with.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest