Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 23, 2024, 04:18:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do pwBPD have a sixth sense?  (Read 478 times)
whahappened

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 22, 2013, 12:33:31 PM »

Do you think pwBPD are more likely to have a sixth sense or some sort of psychic ability?

I ask this because my friend who has BPD is very psychic. We can sometimes read each others minds before a word has been spoken and can call/text each other at exactly the same time.

The connection is very strong. I don't know if it's because we are so alike and have a lot in common. Our lives seemed to almost parallel each other even though I only met her last year.

Have you ever had a BPD friend/partner who was psychic?

Somewhere

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 12:42:24 PM »

Sounds like LSD
whahappened

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 12:45:44 PM »

No, I'm not kidding.

This person could read me like a book, even at a distance.

This has never happened before.

I mean what are the chances of calling each other twice at exactly the same time? One makes the connection, the other goes through to voice mail.

I can't explain it.
Somewhere

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 12:56:53 PM »

No, I'm not kidding.

I know, I know. 

Neither am I.

Really.  Sounds like LSD.
benny2

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 02:21:21 PM »

I do know what you are talking about and it is strange. My BPDex and I have been in and out of touch for years. It seemed like whenever something was bad in my life and I would wish to speak with him, he would call out of the blue. He always told me there was some kind of weird connection between us that he could not explain. We would also answer each others questions before asked and ect. It seemed more previlant during the idealizaton times. Our lives are also very simular. We have experienced alot of the same things. Its not always a good thing though. I can always tell when he is up to something, as if I could read his mind, and this is why we are apart. He could not menipulate me. He knows that if we ever go back to a serious relationship he will have to stop all his games, and I don't think he can do that. Its sad because if it were'nt for BPD, I think we would have a very close relationship.
whahappened

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 02:39:33 PM »

I do know what you are talking about and it is strange. My BPDex and I have been in and out of touch for years. It seemed like whenever something was bad in my life and I would wish to speak with him, he would call out of the blue. He always told me there was some kind of weird connection between us that he could not explain. We would also answer each others questions before asked and ect. It seemed more previlant during the idealizaton times. Our lives are also very simular. We have experienced alot of the same things. Its not always a good thing though. I can always tell when he is up to something, as if I could read his mind, and this is why we are apart. He could not menipulate me. He knows that if we ever go back to a serious relationship he will have to stop all his games, and I don't think he can do that. Its sad because if it were'nt for BPD, I think we would have a very close relationship.

Diane,

This is also what happened to me. I could also sense her at a distance and she once texted me and asked how I was doing because she knew I was having a bad day, I just hadn't mentioned it. You're right about it not always being a good thing though.
Newton

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 04:30:34 PM »

whahappened people with BPD are incredibly sensitive to reading the emotions of others... .  it's a survival skill.

In addition to this if you are enmeshed with your partner then it may seem at times they have almost mind reading ability... .  

I often felt like my ex's were analysing me on a level that was beyond my comprehension... .  and it was an uncomfortable feeling... .  almost like I was being studied.
charred

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 04:53:51 PM »

No sixth sense... but... long practice with paying attention to small cues. Read up on "cold reading"... it is how most scam artists are able to make you think they can read minds. A pwBPD typically has spent most of their life manipulating people... and that involves getting the person to think and act the way they want them to, which requires very fine tuned feedback.

Or to put it very simply... .  they seem to really pay close attention to us, and that can seem amazing.

I took advanced NLP training classes long ago... we spent an afternoon being trained in "cold reading" and tried it... and first time trying... .  the mark was fully convinced... and that was after a few hours trying to figure it out. Someone that spent most their life at it... .  would be very convincing... .  but it wasn't an extra sense... .  have sense not to buy in to it.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest