Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 03:16:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuff certainly didn't start coming out until way after she had me hooked in  (Read 332 times)
ScotisGone74

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 28, 2013, 02:33:04 PM »

In regards to my experience with the exBPD SO I would say it was almost scary how she could act then march into work, or how she would be able to function at work then what she would do as soon as she got off.  As far as the high or low being static, I guess it depends most on the BPD in particular and their situation as much as anything.  I think she was hanging on the edge of being a High functioning BPD, only for the fact that she was able to go to work most of the time.  I definately was able to see several traits of the different personality disorders in my exBPD SO,she would shuffle between Narcissistic and Histrionic with ease at times.  She loved the attention when higher up men at work would say anything to her, she was almost giddy with glee.  And then she would make sure everyone she knew was aware of how great her new car, clothes, vacation was soo much better and greater than anyone else's.  In regards to the black and white thinking, when I first met her she told me about all the bad things her ex husband had done: stole money, cheated,   she was able to tell such a good tale I thought maybe she was embellishing some, but that most of it maybe true.  Over the course of a couple years her ex husband went from being the meanest person in the world to being someone she talked about watching her house while she was out of town, I very seriously doubt now that he ever talked to her after their divorce, I believe it was her way of splitting him from black back to white over the course of a few years.  I kick myself these days because all of this stuff certainly didn't start coming out to where I could see it until way after she had me hooked in.  I appreciate all of your responses with this very much, Thanks.  
hithere

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 11:42:03 AM »

Yes, I experienced a similar story, she was very good until I moved in with her.  Then within the first few months things started to deteriorate and when our first household stress came on (I got laid off) she went crazy.

She was high functioning and hid it very well at work.

I think the idealization phase allows them to control the worst of BPD at the beginning.  And her ability to control herself at work always amazed me and this was a contentious point when we went to therapy, I felt that if she could control it 90% at work then perhaps expecting her to control it at home was realistic... .  it wasn't.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest