Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 30, 2024, 12:27:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here again...  (Read 333 times)
chrisd73

« on: March 16, 2013, 09:59:04 AM »

Well, I was married for ten years... .  we married twice. She was diagnosed BPD after our son turned three. I have custodial rights to my son and that is going well and I have healed from that rs... .  I believe.

To today, I have recently had a ten month RS with a woman who lived 3 hours away. She moved to my town, which is, our hometown... .  we grew up together. I am not sure she has BPD but I think that she might... .  I had r Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post) from day one. I will try to articulate them and see what you think. I am still somewhat struggling and this is my first communication with people that will understand.

1. Married 3 times between 25 and 37.

2. Molested when she was 6

3. Parents split when she was 9 and she lived with her dad and became his emotional support.

4. Her mother is hyper-critical of her and they have a bond that is not parental-daughter.

5. She is a drug addict.

Our relationship

1.Pushed through boundaries on our first date. Showed up at my house in the morning and did not respect that my son was there... .  this was my fault because I allowed it.

2. She controlled sex on that first day... .  came over at night after drinking and said she wanted some more soft kisses and the next thing I know she is taking off my pants.

3. She said that she adored me and that is different than just love.

4. Continuously obsessed and texted/called me... .  if I was at the gym for an hour she would ask if I was ok.

5. Still talked to ex's.

6. Vacillated between marriage and saying she was bitter and may never want to marry.

7. Chipped at the pedestal continuously.

8. Wanted to know and be a part of everything I was.

9. Shifted to needing me to do everything for her.

10. Became paranoid that ex"s were going to contact me.

11. Pancreatitis twice due to taking codeine 3... .  the second time it was so nonchalant like she knew she would be off work, in the hospital for a week and then receive her drip.

12. Became increasingly aggressive and I started to remove my son.

13. Stated that she is overwhelmed and doesn't have time for a relationship with me.

14. She had a look of joy as she handed me my things and smacked me on the butt and said "it will be ok."

15. I was a wreck... .  we texted for two months and called a few times and saw her once. She was in the hospital and sick for most of that time.

This week, I texted and said we should get some tea and she said sounds like a plan and another nice text in the evening that Thurs. should work. The problem is that her three daughters are out of town and I know that she has had a guy staying there all week. I asked her if she is seeing someone and she said that there is a man who has been very helpful during this difficult time but that they are just friends. I got a little defensive and she said that she is sorry that I am hurting and that things didn't work out... .  very cold. There is so much more to the story but I am too exhausted... .  any thoughts would be great. Yes, I have some things to work on!
Vindi

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Living together

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 10:48:48 AM »

hi, i see huge red flags here... .  when you listed the 1 thru 5... .  and she still talks to her ex's... .  thats a big red flag... .  and seems like she is paranoid the ex's will contact you, hmmmm why? maybe they know something! and with the guy "friend" staying at her house... .  now do you believe he is only a friend? there are tons of red flags here, and I think you see them also.

Question is, how do you feel about this relationship and alot of drama for only 10 months. Did you still want to continue with the r/s or move on? Sometimes we get too familiar with relationships (with BPD people) cuz that is all we know, do you think you deserve better and more?

keep posting, it does help!
Whatwasthat

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 10:54:16 AM »

Hi Chris 

Yes - this lady certainly sounds very unstable and insecure in a way that makes one think of the BPD traits.

I'm wondering what you think attracted you to her in the first place?

Are you looking for a stable and committed relationship that isn't filled with drama?

Are there things about her that remind you of your ex-wife?

WWT.

chrisd73

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 11:00:51 AM »

I was ensnared by my own nostalgia. I had liked her when we were ten. I know I want a healthy loving relationship and I have had a few in the past. I think the enmeshment is what becomes addicting. I got sucked into living for her and that is where, I believe, this relationship is so toxic. She was so smooth and chipped away at me so well. After her second bout with pancreatitis her mom called me and said that she would use me and get rid of me, she was a drug addict and that she thought she was bi-polar... .  i knew at that point that she was most likely BPD. I told her the next day and she said I betrayed her by talking to her mom... .  I think she will always use that as the reason. Every ex had a specific reason.

1. ex husband three cheated on her and had her underwear sent for DNA test... .  she slipped and said she had a local bartenders number and that she had a renowned doctor fall in love with her(she is a nurse)... .  when she told the story I told her that she was having an emotional affair and she shut up quick.

2. Ex husband two was an alcoholic and pushed her over a couch... .  now, she pushed me a couple of times, as if, she wanted that altercation... .  not from me!

1. ex husband 1 cheated on her.

she does have some fond memories of each one. What bothers me is that she tells me that I am a great guy and I think she would string me along for ever if I let her. I am on my third day of NC... .  still want a text from her... .  don't know why but I do. I am still in confusion but getting better.
chrisd73

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 11:16:05 AM »

She just texted me... .  and said that she had just heard about my brother who is very sick... .  and asks what is going on with him... .  I swear I knew that it was coming. Uggghhhh... .  I won't reply.
Whatwasthat

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 11:23:18 AM »

So sorry it's tough Chris.

I was ensnared by my own nostalgia. I had liked her when we were ten.

Yes - I can relate to that. There can be such powerful feelings associated with people we've known and liked for a long time - aside from anything else it feels 'comfortable' because the bonds we form when we're young are so strong. Sadly it's not always an indicator that these people are actually 'right' or 'good' for us.

I think the enmeshment is what becomes addicting... .  What bothers me is that she tells me that I am a great guy and I think she would string me along for ever if I let her.

This sounds like a good, clear-eyed and honest  analysis of your situation - and also seems to fit what many people here have experienced.

I am on my third day of NC... .  still want a text from her... .  don't know why but I do. I am still in confusion but getting better.

This is all so raw I'm not surprised you still want to hear from her - even though you question the wisdom of that feeling. That seems very natural to me.

How did it go for you when you were getting over your marriage? That must have been very tough. Did you learn things during that process that will be of use to you now do you think?

Sending best wishes. WWT.  
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest