Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 08:54:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I get so depressed now thinking about how I chose her knowing it was wrong.  (Read 352 times)
Not2Crazy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 20, 2013, 05:32:43 AM »

I get so depressed now thinking about how I chose her knowing it was wrong. I think how I was so easy that this first woman that seemed like would give me all the things that I thought a woman could give me just never even met me. We just got married had 4 kids and stayed together 4 years and when she divorced me everything she said about me was not true because she didn't know who I was so whatever I had ever tried to do was skewed to say I did all this damage ( that didn't even happen ) to her and my kids. She gets the kids and the house a car half my stuff and continued income from me ( actually most because I couldn't afford the space to keep it all ) and she gave most of that away.

Then she can't hold a job and when I see my kids they say that they only eat Ramien or pizza ( and often the teenagers buy their own pizza ) and she takes their money.

How can the law allow this
Rose Tiger

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 11:24:35 AM »

It is unfortunate with child support, you have no say in how it is spent.  It must be very difficult to hear from your kids that they aren't eating well.   :'(

When I'm feeling like, why me, why did I have to meet him?  Why couldn't I have met a nice loving person?  Well, for some reason, I wasn't interested in the nice loving person.  Something in me was attracted to the BPD type of person.  I wasn't so much a victim as I was a willing participant.  Idea

Learning about BPD helped me to start looking at my own stuff and working on my healing.  This sort of work might be helpful to you and in the long run, to your kids, too.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest