Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 03:14:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finding balance will bring me peace  (Read 328 times)
qcarolr
Distinguished Member

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married to DH since 1976

« on: March 24, 2013, 01:57:33 PM »

My reply from another thread:

So much work to do. I am praying for guidance, strength and courage to know what to do in each moment of each day. It is all here in the physical body, down deep in my DNA, that God has given to me. Finding balance will bring me peace - body<>emotion<>spirit<>mind - working in an infinite loop.

I have been struggling with my faith beliefs for a long time. This statement I posted seems to really put it together for me. My belief that we are all created in the image of our Creator God who breathed life into the dust of the earth. That we are born with the potential set by our genetic inheritance. We develop in the enviroment of our biomom's womb. We are bonded according to the plan within the community of our family - starting with the 'mom' that cuddles and sings to us, whatever title that precious caregiver is given. We all have to opportunity to grow up - become more aware of those parts that lie below our consiousness that lives within the mind part.

For me, it is the spirit that opens us up to this growth of awareness - that leads us to a place of more balance. And it requires a supportive community to surround us with the needed human connections for this growth to come. To come in a path of love and kindness and respect for others. When there are blocks at any point in the process of develeopment, there is a failure in making the needed connections, then we and all around us suffer.

For me, with my BPDDD26, I sense compromises for her in all of these areas. Her life is so hard. She has compassion there - it is just so blocked from expression from so many directions. I can act to make things better for her, or more difficult for her. And I am only human and make many mistakes. Gratefully, I have the capacity to try again, and again and again.

I am so tired right now. I am needing to go back to these roots to regain my balance. Then I can be here for DD and gd7 and dh again. Then I can be available for the others in my greater community. I have to keep working on building my love community - I have to have this support to survive.  

How does DD build her love community? How can I acknowledge her efforts in this - validate this for her. She does try hard - she does want to find balance for herself. She does at times admit she knows of her imbalance and is able to ask for direction. How can I get better at this - for my own healing and for hers?

qcr

Special thanks to Realty's musings to bring me back into my physical being today.

Gratitude for my readings in interpersonal neuroscience that has given the model here to help me pull together years of wondering/wandering. We do live in our physcial body: conception (genetics); fetal development; infancy and early childhood nuruturing that establishes the links in our neurosystem; develpment into a community being and learning how to build on our strengths and compensate for the deficiencies of the previous 3 stages.

The best criticism of the bad is the practice of the better. (Dom Helder)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest