Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 01:44:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreams about BPD parents  (Read 328 times)
DesertChild

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« on: May 22, 2013, 03:23:48 PM »

I had an unpleasant day yesterday as a dream about a BPD parent kinda triggered me into a depressed funk. (Note that I'm in NC with her.)

I'm trying not let it control me, do distraction techniques, throw about very last thing I have at it, but for that day it didn't work.

Often my parents show up, probably because the first time I ever had anxiety about traveling on a bus was triggered by them. I asked them the question, "How do I get the bus to stop?" and they said, "You'll figure it out." I still have anxiety dreams about that despite the fact I've ridden the bus several times. Most of my traveling anxiety dreams started around this time too.

The dream, in general was a generalized anxiety dream--I was trying to catch the bus and then suddenly behind me there is the airport--I've been having a lot of anxiety dreams about traveling lately. Either I'm getting off at the wrong stop, I over blew my stop by an entire city, or the plane is losing bits of itself. This time I was doing well.

My mom shows up with a black rolling suitcase behind her and pops out from the airport, telling me, "You'll have to get rid of your pets." As I'm trying to catch the bus. Basically expecting me to drop everything for her. I got so pissed off I woke up. It felt so unresolved since I was winning at catching the buses I needed in the dream to get home--in fact the dream said that the bus I was about the catch was the last one.

But somehow that dream is so like her, but at the same time I keep getting the voice that tells me, "You are the one that failed." even if that's not true. Maybe my dreams are trying to resolve that imbalance.

Anyway, it still hit me hard for most of the day. I think in a way, she's a weight of my failures since she told me I'd fail. And the suitcase she was pulling was like the extra baggage she brings to my life.

I just wish it didn't affect me so much. Dreams about my parents always affect me hard. Either it's an ideal that I'd wished for, and then I wake up and realize what they said was actually messed up... . (in the dream... . I remember dialogue), OR they are the parents that they were supposed to be, and I get ticked off that they weren't like that OR it's crap like this. Where they are so neglectful and all about them. Thanks, but I don't need the reminder anymore.

But how do you deal with the triggering from your subconscious?
catsprt

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 05:50:38 PM »

I had lots of dreams. My T always insisted on the emotion. For me it was helplessness.

Is it possible to do it one piece at a time, like a puzzle without a complete image?
Suzn
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 11:23:46 PM »

Dream interpretation can be an interesting tool. Emotions are important to notice along with the symbolism. It's said your subconscious speaks in symbols and metaphors. You are the only one that can interpret your dreams and they usually have something to do with the previous day or something you've been "working" on.

Suitcase  

To see a suitcase in your dream implies that you are practical and rational when making decisions. You are very stable and don't lose control of your emotions around others. This may also indicate that you should take some time off from the pressures and stresses of every day life. Perhaps you should go on a restful holiday. You should also learn to be a little impulsive and add some variety to your life.

Baggage  

A dream about seeing or carrying baggage symbolizes burdens that are oppressing you. The baggage might also represent your inner self.

Mother

To dream of your mother represents your intuition or your internal guidance. She reflects your ability to make decisions that will effect you in the future or how well you make choices based on gut instincts. She also reflects how lucky you feel about coincidences or good foresight.

Anything your mother says in a dream sheds light on what your sense of intuition is guiding you towards in life, or how you feel about your future.

If your mother gives you advice in a dream, it may reflect your sense of intuition that is feeling that a certain choice is best for the future.

If your mother is very angry in a dream, it represents your negative feelings about disappointments or bad luck. In this case you feel like you can't catch a break, or bad luck seems to just keep coming towards you as your choices never seem to help you. You may regret a choice you had.

If your mother is evil looking in a dream it represents your sense of intuition being negative and making negative choices. Bad intentions for the future. It may also reflect feelings that nothing you choose ever works out or that you are consumed by fear or bad luck.

If you mother is happy in a dream it represents a positive outlook on the future or feeling luckier. You may feel like you avoided something bad or used really good foresight.

Bus  

To dream that you are waiting for a bus implies that you are experiencing a minor hardship in your quest to attain objectives.

To dream that you are at the bus station indicates that you are experiencing personal growth.

To dream that you are riding a bus suggests that you are a follower. You don't have the initiative or confidence to rise up and become a leader.

Possible metaphor "you are missing the bus" or you're missing the point.

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ~Jacob M. Braude
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest