Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 07:14:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: She hate sme becasue I enjoy my job.  (Read 434 times)
Cipher13

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: June 14, 2013, 07:14:26 AM »

My BPDw hates her job. Well has hated all her jobs ever since I have known her. I find a job I like and enjoy very much. She texts me this AM and says I'm pissed at you... . My answer "for why?"

I left a note this am as I always do and mentioned I slept ok and asked her if she did.  Her reply" Becasue you know I had a horrible week this week sleeping and you know last night was ___ and you brag about how you slept so well and how you love your job and i go through hell everyday. "

I said I'm sorry you are dealing with this crap. The end is in sight. (She is going i back to school in August and has garaduate assistantship).  Sh says no its not. Of course I ask why. Her reply" F***off I have slept for s***t this week anbd was busy nonstop this is bs and I don't want to do this at all anymore. You piss me off.

Well if that don't just start you day out all lollipops and rainbows.  I'm at the end of my rope with this relationship.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

allibaba

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 08:21:44 AM »

My BPDw hates her job. Well has hated all her jobs ever since I have known her. I find a job I like and enjoy very much. She texts me this AM and says I'm pissed at you... . My answer "for why?"

I left a note this am as I always do and mentioned I slept ok and asked her if she did.  Her reply" Becasue you know I had a horrible week this week sleeping and you know last night was ___ and you brag about how you slept so well and how you love your job and i go through hell everyday. "

I said I'm sorry you are dealing with this crap. The end is in sight. (She is going i back to school in August and has garaduate assistantship).  Sh says no its not. Of course I ask why. Her reply" F***off I have slept for s***t this week anbd was busy nonstop this is bs and I don't want to do this at all anymore. You piss me off.

Cipher13 You aren't responsible for your wife's happiness.  You are only responsible for your own my friend! 

My only thought is 'why did you say that you were sorry that she is dealing with crap.'  That almost seems like you are taking some responsibility for it?  By the way, no end is in sight... . when she goes back to school she will still find things to be unhappy about (just at school instead of at work). 

I think that I might have responded to the original text with something like "its understandable that you are having a hard time dealing with lack of sleep and your difficult job situation."  What this does is validate her struggle without taking any unreasonable responsibility for it. 

I'm at the end of my rope with this relationship.

This is understandable.  We have all been there   

Check out the link on validation https://bpdfamily.com/content/communication-skills-validation

Using this tool might help to defuse some of your conflict.  Good luck!
waverider
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 08:33:27 AM »

Her feelings now are perceived as forever. So telling her it will be over soon to her sounds like you are not taking her serious, as she cant project past the feeling of now. The end may seem in sight to you but she cant see that far

Listen and dont offer solutions, or attempt to minimize her fears.

As allibaba says, if she has BPD, then what ever drama she may have now will only morph into the next one. The drama never ends just changes its point of focus.

Endless self initiated drama is the curse of suffering with BPD.

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
Somewhere

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 06:40:56 PM »

I'm at the end of my rope with this relationship.

Well good for you on that. 

You know what to do when reach the end of the end of the rope, right?

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest