Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 12:12:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like I'm going back to court  (Read 2747 times)
motherof1yearold

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2013, 05:25:52 PM »

I'll explore all of these options presented to me. I'm not going to be the passive one this time!
Suzn
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2013, 09:32:43 PM »

How about you go to the location of the court ordered pick up and wait. If he doesn't show up call the police. When they get there ask for a police report. They may call him if you have his number and ask where he is. (This situation happened with my ex) They could not enforce the court order but did write a police report. (and that's what you want, something in writing)

The most I can come up with quickly is a grand

My ex went to court without an attorney to show the judge he wasn't complying. The judge turned to his attorney and told him if your client doesn't comply with this order completely, and I hear from her again, he goes to jail, no passing go. It cost 35.00 for filling fees and 25.00 to have him served.

This would be an opportune time to let the judge know you have no funds to keep coming to court, you've missed a day of work already.

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ~Jacob M. Braude
motherof1yearold

« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2013, 10:05:27 PM »

How about you go to the location of the court ordered pick up and wait. If he doesn't show up call the police. When they get there ask for a police report. They may call him if you have his number and ask where he is. (This situation happened with my ex) They could not enforce the court order but did write a police report. (and that's what you want, something in writing)

The most I can come up with quickly is a grand

My ex went to court without an attorney to show the judge he wasn't complying. The judge turned to his attorney and told him if your client doesn't comply with this order completely, and I hear from her again, he goes to jail, no passing go. It cost 35.00 for filling fees and 25.00 to have him served.

This would be an opportune time to let the judge know you have no funds to keep coming to court, you've missed a day of work already.

I do hope my judge will be understanding, I work as a waitress and make about 11$ an hour. I could probably scrape by to pay for court, but paying for an attorney just would not be possible for me. My family does not have any more money to lend me so I am on my own. It just sucks that my ex has unlimited funds, and will use his attorney until the end of time. His attorney is a former prosecutor. He was retained in my brother in law's case about stealing several hundred pain pills from CVS pharmacy as a pharmacist.
Suzn
Retired Staff

« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2013, 10:09:23 PM »

Judges don't like seeing police reports proving non compliance of court orders. <-- in this situation it wouldn't matter who his attorney is.

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ~Jacob M. Braude
motherof1yearold

« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2013, 10:11:58 PM »

It is apparent that that will happen within the next week, I have tried other options to prevent having a 3rd party intervene but ex CHOSE to act this way and be ignorant, so I just have to pick up the pieces from there. Really wish it wasn't this way, but he is being a real difficult person, as usual.
Suzn
Retired Staff

« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2013, 10:17:41 PM »

Really wish it wasn't this way, but he is being a real difficult person, as usual.

In order for you to get that one piece of paper (a police report) to prove your case, you can smile in the face of difficulty. (not literally in his face, just knowing you have what you need)

Matt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced.

« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2013, 10:21:39 PM »

I do hope my judge will be understanding, I work as a waitress and make about 11$ an hour.

There's no guarantee - could be a complete jerk - but judges are supposed to focus on the law and the evidence, and not on who has the better lawyer.  If anything, it could even work in your favor - courts aim to protect people who are being abused, so if he shows up with an expensive lawyer and you're on your own, but you have as much documentation as possible, and you are prepared to simply state what happened - no exaggeration or assumptions, just facts - I think you will be heard and treated fairly.  Or at least I think that's what you should expect - as I say, no guarantees... .

motherof1yearold

« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2013, 10:46:23 PM »

matt, that gives me hope and I do hope that is what happens. I have a good bit of documentation thus far.
Validation78

Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2013, 07:18:13 AM »

Staff only

Thread is being locked to due exceeding page limit
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest