Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 06:54:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st T visit  (Read 340 times)
dangoldfool

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: single

« on: July 30, 2013, 04:37:56 PM »

I went to see my T today for the first time. I was a bit scared but excited at the same time. In the back of my mind I’m thinking, only crazy people see T. I think I’m pretty normal. Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)  I was excited because, I want to fix myself by raising my self esteem. So today visit was pretty much telling my history for the most part. By the time I was done talking about my history. I think my T, wanted to cry with me. She said she can hardly understand how I handled witnessing 3 close family members die within 7 months, and not be a total basket case. I told her I had to stay strong for my kids. That is all that kept me going. So next week she plans to continue finishing up with my history, and then working with me to start to heal from all the Sh— I kept burying under my hard shell. I’m like a kid in a candy shop. I want to be Healing  Now. I guess it’s been 50 plus year in the making of this mess of me, a few months to fix me, aint to long for a southern country boy.Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
seeking balance
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 05:48:02 PM »

You are not a dangoldfool any longer. 

Good job being vulnerable and taking care of your emotional needs.  I look at T as a coach for our emotions no different than a personal trainer for our muscles.

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Faith does not grow in the house of certainty - The Shack
dangoldfool

Relationship status: single

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 07:08:40 PM »

Yeah, that's the way she explained it to me. She said with my already taking positive step on my own that her job will be much easier. I'm doing everything I can from exercise ( lost 6 lbs)  Smiling (click to insert in post) to journaling, taking better care of myself, eating better choices. Reading others experiences on here, to keep my mind on what not to do if this x comes back around. She seem confident I won't need her help for very long. So that makes me and my bank account very happy.
Blade99d

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 08:02:29 PM »

Dan,

Congrat's on your first T appointment.  My first few visits were a real struggle for me, as my exgf had litterally just left, poof - gone.  12 weeks later, I so look forward to sharing my growth with my T, and I truly welcome his feedback and insight.  I used to think T's were for weak people, now I realize they are actually for very strong people, as it takes incredible strength to admit our flaws and work to change our behavior.  Keep at it... .
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest