Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 10:41:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OCD  (Read 352 times)
Undone123

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

OCD
« on: August 20, 2013, 04:38:36 PM »

did any of you develop this? I compulsively check hit online. It's new and a horrible development. Its all anxiety based... .

I hate it. I don't even notice it. I thought I was doing so well and now I've realised I have OCD

Lucky Jim

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 04:56:27 PM »

Hey Undone, Go easy on yourself.  A BPD r/s has an addictive quality to it, so I don't find your compulsions all that surprising.  Try to sit with your feelings and be mindful of what is underneath your need to check.  Hang in there, Lucky Jim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Undone123

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 05:35:09 PM »

It's turned into a daily habit! I'm stopping... . Mental I am mental

P.F.Change
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Bisexual
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 12:34:28 PM »

It's turned into a daily habit! I'm stopping... . Mental I am mental

OCD is a fairly common disorder. Many people deal with the same feelings. Having OCD would not mean you are insane. It is a way to cope with and try to bring order to feelings of insecurity and imbalance. It makes a lot of sense that someone would want to feel balanced and secure. Sometimes the compulsions do help relieve some of the stress, and at other times they end up adding more stress. There are therapies that can help you learn alternative coping methods, if you are interested.

Having a disorder like OCD does not make someone a bad person. Most people need some kind of help from time to time. I have certainly done my share of T! Looking at our own issues is not always easy. However, being able to identify them is the first step to making positive changes. If your thoughts and behaviors are troubling you or interfering with your life, or if you just want to investigate other ways of dealing with them, there is definitely help available.  There is no shame in needing help or in asking for it.

That said, it does take a professional to diagnose OCD. What are you checking, exactly?

Wishing you peace,

PF

“If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.”--Lao Tzu
Undone123

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 12:54:10 PM »

Thanks, I don't think I do have OCD as such. Definitely anxiety and I'm working on that. I'm an anxious person naturally, its masked well... . But now I have some coping skills for it. As soon as I noticed, I thought this is mad, and I don't feel any compulsion or have any compulsions before. Just a bit of a worrier. False alarm Smiling (click to insert in post)

Thanks

Cloudy Days

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 03:41:27 PM »

I've noticed that I have a compulsion to touch and pick at my face. It's something I have always done, just gets worse with stress. It's actually in the category of obsessive behavior. Working on it!

I've had to give up my daily cup of coffee, I notice that it drives my anxiety up. Even when there shouldn't be much. Do you take in any caffeine during your day? I really notice a difference when I don't drink coffee, especially on slower days.

It's not the future you are afraid of, it's repeating the past that makes you anxious.
Learning_curve74

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 06:47:30 PM »

I am obssessed with rechecking that the door is locked.  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Forestaken

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 09:21:52 AM »

my s2bxw was dOCD+UBPD.  Please get help.  I sincerely mean it, her OCD damaged our lives as much as her BPD.

Her OCD was around "Sticky things" she would wash her hands for 20 minutes, showered for 90 minutes (the Hot water heater had to be set to maximum)

In public restrooms, my D had to keep the auto facets running for her. 

She would publicly cover the seats with a bed cloth or towel.

Kids were forbidden to have friends over as she found them "digusting"

We never had a decent vacation, as we never left on time, always drama.

When her brother-in-law was caught cheating (on her sister), her sister told her "Be careful, if it happened to me, it could happen to you" ~ then the abuse started as that thought swirled around in her mind.

Honestly ask yourself this question: How is it effecting your life?
Undone123

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 02:19:40 PM »

It's not. I am being baited I think so that makes me anxious, so I have checked. I've now just thought live life keep low profile, high security and get on with it... . Hope she finds someone else to do things to. I'm being monitored and it makes me anxious. So I've taken control and now I'm not anxious.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest