Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 07:54:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many BPD traits do you have?  (Read 365 times)
Undone123

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: August 25, 2013, 05:36:59 PM »

I have definitely 1, abandonment.

I also have mild identity disturbance, I'm different around different people (although i think thats normal)

And paranoid ideation, I get paranoid about my ex coming ruining me (although I think thats normal)

Ittookthislong

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 06:47:12 PM »

I have a ton. but ive been seeing a therapist who tells me not to worry. if you've grown up with a disordered person you can learn behaviors that are similar to theirs without having the same drives behind them.

I have the abandonment thing, but never realized it till this most recent break up. it was bad. I am expressive about emotions. I can also say that I don't have identity disturbances, but the concept of mirroring confused me for a while. I don't mirror personalitites but I tend to mirror peoples motives if that makes sense. I am nice and warm to warm nice people, but, and im not sure if this is a good thing, if someone rages and tries to cut me down, I will rage and try to cut them down.

Im trying to realize that if someone does something cruel I have to walk away but Im kind of a hardhead I guess. I can be self riteous and need justice in a relationship, but that makes me a prime candidate for perpetuating the disordered dynamic.
Perfidy

Relationship status: Divorced/18 years Single/5 months that I know of.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 08:00:38 PM »

I was wondering this myself. I don't really know if I have a fear of abandonment but I was abandoned by my ex and it did hurt. I might fear abandonment now. It didn't bother me to be apart from her for months at a time because I knew we would be together again. At least that's what I thought. Also I can maintain object continuity. So abandonment, not really sure about that one. I'm secure with my identity. I have a life and I am me by choice not because I have no identity of my own. BPD is an identity crisis. I don't have that one either. Instability in relationships? I think that could mean several things. One is that the relationship is on again off again. Another is many different relationships one after the other. A relationship that is always on the verge of collapse is instability. At times I may have experienced one or more of these. I know for certain that when I was with my BPDexgf I acquired some of her traits. Mirroring is normal to a degree. So is idealization. It becomes disorder when it is done in excess due to lack of identity. I questioned my self and the answer is that I have a chance to heal. Her disease is hers and I no longer share it with her.
Emelie Emelie

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 08:11:13 PM »

I have a huge fear of abandonment.  And currently living it.
peas

Relationship status: single

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 08:54:44 PM »

Off the top of my head:

Fear of abandonment alternating with fear of commitment

Anxiety

Denial

Rationalizing

Jealous/controlling
Learning_curve74

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 08:58:45 PM »

These are the traits that I have right now:

1. Fear of abandonment (I left, but I miss her badly, feel very alone)

2. Impulsivity (always been a little impulsive to my own detriment)

3. Self-injury (drinking too much right now)

4. Emotional instability (big mood swings up and down)

5. Anger (depression is anger turned inwards, also little things set me off now)

I don't usually suffer from #1, 3, 4. And #5 is not usually an issue except for sometimes when I get extremely frustrated.

happylogist

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 04:54:14 AM »

The abandonment fear - but more or less I am not afraid of my partners leaving me, but something bad happening... . I guess those are also dependency traits... . The same goes to the closed ones. I panic sometimes thinking that something bad happened to them.

I am emotional, without strong mood swings (if I am not depressed like now), but definitely I hold emotions for a longer time than others do and some of them are very intense. Also I suspect I am a love addict: I need to be in love with someone, need butterflies and all drama. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest