Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 05:47:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 months now...  (Read 331 times)
blurry

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: October 16, 2013, 09:07:02 AM »

Well, she's gone for two months now, NC for one, and I'm literally about to finish doing the first thing she said I wouldn't be able to do inside the next 5 years, because I'm such a loser. Which is buying a car and getting my DL back. Imagine that.

Next is reopening the business I've put off for 8 years because I've been in back to back dysfunctional relationships, pouring all my resources into no-win situations. I'm 100pct, short of natural disaster, that I will accomplish that by spring.

They say were losers for our situations while were with them, yet within months of them being gone, our lives improve so dramatically... .they don't see how their behavior wreaks havoc on our financial and emotional health.

Really starting to see some benefit of having the psycho out of my life. Never gonna be vulnerable that way ever again, whether I'm with her by some miracle, someone else, or alone.

I know if I stick with the program that things will get better, definitly find rock bottom when you have a SO with BPD. Can't go anywhere but up now.
Jbt857

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 09:32:26 AM »

That's how I feel!

Since he left, I've lost weight, exercise regularly (I have muscles!), eat healthily, have quit smoking, meditate regularly and am starting up a business venture that I'm really excited about.

I've gone out and made new friends - smart, successful, talented people, and I'm actually really excited for the future.

Sure, occasionally, I get down and find myself ruminating, but I work through it in the knowledge that I really am better off without him.

He actually made contact last week and rather than hitting a low, I saw in just a few short text exchanges what a nasty, mean and bitter human being he is. It took a few bad dreams and a lot of meditation before I got back on that positive track, but yeah - I'm finally starting to see that I deserve a whole lot better than my ex. I'm even starting to feel sorry for his new g/f. But not that much, Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).

Keep looking forward and focus your energies on the future!
hopealways
aka moving4ward

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 09:37:15 AM »

Me too! And ditto about meeting smart successful positive people! I think we are actually attracting that group more than before.  Looking back, my last 3 relationships were totally dysfunctional, 1 was BPD, 1 was narcissist and the third still not sure because she never went past the idealization stage when I caught her cheating.

Anyways, life IS better now: I am catching up on work, business, fixing up my house, saving money, exercising. Sure I ruminate like we all do, but I can sleep at nights and I look forward to new activities other than waiting around to see how I would please Ms BPD.
allweareisallweare

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 09:39:09 AM »

That's it, keep going. Life is like walking on a trapeze all of the time, nobody denies that - with a BPD person it's like walking on a trapeze in a hurricane!

We're all behind you.
Ironmanrises

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 12:13:08 AM »

That's it, keep going. Life is like walking on a trapeze all of the time, nobody denies that - with a BPD person it's like walking on a trapeze in a hurricane!

We're all behind you.

"Life is like walking on a trapeze all of the time, nobody denies that - with a BPD person it's like walking on a trapeze in a hurricane! "... .

While under a rain of fire... .

While in hell on earth.

Now the visual is complete.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest