Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 07:09:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Made Amends (sort of) with my Ex's Sister (I work with her)  (Read 345 times)
Pretty Woman

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

The Greatest Love is the Love You Give Yourself

« on: November 20, 2013, 10:54:58 AM »

It's been a rough year. I met my BPD ex outside of work through a meetup group. The irony is I work directly with her sister (about 10 miles away).  Fortunately, over the year I switched departments so we do not work directly together but I see her in the bathroom or pass her. It is clear she is very uncomfortable as am I.

I sent her an email apologizing for what she had to go through this year with us. It wasn't an easy year and the un-easiness was really hard to deal with for both of us.

At the beginning of our courtship she came to my desk once and told me if I wasn't interested in her sister I should leave her alone, stop playing with her emotions.

I had no idea what she was talking about. Her sister had gotten mad about something so I let her cool off. It was almost as if I was "antagonizing her".

Anyways, I sent her a letter that I was sorry this came into work and that I know five breakups in a 2yr period is not normal. She told me she learned long ago not to get into her sister's business as she is a grown woman and needs to live her own life

(personally, I think both the sister and the mom mask there is a problem but it is obvious).

Anyways she told me we are good which made me feel better. I really felt the need to apologize to her only because she had to face me every day thinking I was abusive towards her sister (when in fact, it was the very opposite).

I am sure this will go back to my ex but I feel better. Better than her looking down when we are walking towards each other... .that's for sure!

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest