Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 10:03:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Something to make you smile if you're in the process of disengaging  (Read 403 times)
Arctic Monkey

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: January 03, 2014, 02:18:44 PM »

One thing that really helped me when my relationship ended was this: instead of mourning the things I would miss as I'd done previously,  I focused on remembering the behaviour I most definitely wouldn't. One biggie for me was the relentless,  never-ending criticism - and being free of that has been like being let out of prison. In contrast I truly cannot recall ever saying anything unkind or unsupportive to my ex in all the time we were together. So this is a list of the things she had a - negative - opinión on:-

In no particular order. ... .

My car

My hair

My job - that's my "sad-arsed do-gooder" job to be precise

My make-up

My tone of voice

My family - aka my "f*****g freak family"

My clothes

My phone

My apartment

I was too thin

I gained a little weight. I was too fat. Arrghh!

And last but not least... . my vacuum cleaner - yes unbelievable but true!

Makes you wonder how she put up with me for so long doesn't it?

Can anyone add to that list? 

I can laugh about it now but at the time it was less than funny. And seriously I do know she must have been suffering more than me to say those things. My self esteem has however recovered - just about. If you're going through the same I hope yours does too.  Smiling (click to insert in post)

free-n-clear

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Not to be resuscitated.

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 04:01:31 PM »

Your vacuum cleaner must have really sucked! Or perhaps, like my uBPDxgf once she'd started devaluing me, it didn't. :'(
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 04:38:47 PM »

One thing that really helped me when my relationship ended was this: instead of mourning the things I would miss as I'd done previously,  I focused on remembering the behaviour I most definitely wouldn't. One biggie for me was the relentless,  never-ending criticism - and being free of that has been like being let out of prison. In contrast I truly cannot recall ever saying anything unkind or unsupportive to my ex in all the time we were together. So this is a list of the things she had a - negative - opinión on:-

In no particular order. ... .

My car

My hair

My job - that's my "sad-arsed do-gooder" job to be precise

My make-up

My tone of voice

My family - aka my "f*****g freak family"

My clothes

My phone

My apartment

I was too thin

I gained a little weight. I was too fat. Arrghh!

And last but not least... . my vacuum cleaner - yes unbelievable but true!

Makes you wonder how she put up with me for so long doesn't it?

Can anyone add to that list?  

Sounds like a lot of projection going on there. Mine thought she was too fat, so she started complaining about me (though I was no more than 10 lbs more than when we met, and I lost 23 lbs over the past few months due to stress... . not that she noticed, her mom did). She even said it interfered with intimacy, yet her new lover, by what I can determine online, is a huge football player type, who may be half my age and in better cardio shape, but he is large and looks more "fatty" than I do. So that once is easy to get out of my mind, that mental flea  PD traits

My eating habits (reflecting on her since they view us as part of themselves, not as separate, autonomous beings)

The way I washed dishes... . she'd often take everything out of the drainer and re-wash

My vacuuming. Once she was in a cleaning rage and I had overvacuumed a small area rug. She then took the vc from me and proceeded to vacuum the same area for 5 more mins

Anything and everything to do with how I raised the kids... . though this got better. I showed a picture to my T today where my X had said our D1 was too cold (I took them into a small amount of snow). T said D1 looked happy and fine. But my X said, "I know my baby, and she was too cold! You put the wrong outfit on her!" I will have to deal with this for a few years... .

I could add to this, but I'll just say the constant walking on eggshells to not piss her off. Some days something would happen where I would perceive one of her triggers, and other days things were just fine. I was anxious all of the time though.

We were once at a party with then S2 and D6mos. I had the baby. She had our son, waiting in line for face painting. I think I had the greater responsibility, no? My X raged at me afterwards because she said I should have taken her something to drink since she sat in the line for 20 mins and was thirsty. No more ruined parties and holidays... . I am looking forward to that!

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Arctic Monkey

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 07:10:27 AM »

Ah projection yes. Without going into detail the things she criticised in me were far from perfect in her. But I wouldn't have dreamt of commenting in a negative way. None of us are perfect and you accept a chosen partner as they are don't you? When she joked about her 'dark side' I even said she shouldn't change because that was part of who she was. Maybe I shouldn't have said that.  Hmm, on reflection probably not a good move on my part!   Smiling (click to insert in post)
Monarch Butterfly

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 07:33:13 AM »

Oh yes... the endless list.

My voice

My weight (always to fat - I'm not... . but when I lost 57.2 pounds he didn't notice)

My clothes (always inappropriate - I wasn't sexy enough)

The way i walk 

My cooking - never enough seasoning or too salty

My cleaning - there had to be issues in the cleaning department!

My grammar

My friends

My family

My church

The way I dressed the kids

The sex, or may I put it, sex with me

My hair color - cut it, grew it, dyed it... .

My job (took too much time away from him... . I quit... . stupid me)

endless... .

Arctic Monkey

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 08:05:25 AM »

Hi Monarch Butterfly. I like your name. Have you been watching The Dome?

Sexy clothes... .   I'd forgotten about that one. Now I don't look too bad for my age so I'm told,  but I just don't want to be tottering around in 6 inch heels and mini skirts all day. My choice.

I forgot a good one as well in my list... . I went to the doctor's when I was ill. Excuse me? I thought that's what they were paid huge amounts of money for,  to help sick people get better? Apparently not.

Sounds like you've been through a rough time. Are you permanently separated now?
Monarch Butterfly

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 08:21:40 AM »

Hi Artic Monkey... . No, I'm not separated but would love to be.  Smiling (click to insert in post) I have agreed to wait until June or July to separate because he is in the middle of his masters and I would hate to be the cause of him flipping out, having a breakdown and not getting his degree.

They are just papers anyway... . I am working on separating emotionally, which hasn't been that hard once I get a good look at what I went through. Just look at my list 

Monarch Butterfly

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 08:24:08 AM »

And yes, I didn't think the oddly short skirts and deathly high heels were appropriate either... .

Nope, haven`t been watching The Dome. I'll check into it. Why?
Arctic Monkey

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 08:46:54 AM »

Because a monarch butterfly features quite heavily!  Worth watching if you like Stephen King.  Smiling (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest