Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 06, 2024, 12:26:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens when they find out your dating again  (Read 621 times)
livetoride87

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: January 25, 2014, 05:13:39 AM »

ok - well its been several months now since my ex BPD gf had a break down and she broke up with me ... I still have feelings for her but im out dating again ... I have this fear she will try and hurt me some how when she finds out im dating again ... I want to know if any 1 has felt this way and have any advice for what will happen next ?
love4meNOTu

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 05:55:07 AM »

I only have one mutual friend with my exhwBPD. This friend knows I'm dating, have dated, and have moved on. But she would not mention anything about me to my x and vice versa.

Honestly, we both have moved on so there are no repercussions.

It's over.

In the depth of winter I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
~Albert Camus
Moonie75

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 07:41:24 AM »

I only have one mutual friend with my exhwBPD. This friend knows I'm dating, have dated, and have moved on. But she would not mention anything about me to my x and vice versa.

Honestly, we both have moved on so there are no repercussions.

It's over.

That would be a perfectly reasonable view of a break up between two non disordered folk!

If you have a disordered ex partner anything is possible because their thoughts & perceptions aren't the same as ours!
Moonie75

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 07:49:16 AM »

Livetoride, from what I've read on these boards about 'nons' moving on, the BPD ex's very often don't take kindly to it at all. But there are exceptions!

Liken it to fishing! They are always fishing for that perfect fish, while the previous catches are kept in the 'keep net'. A fisherman won't take kindly to someone else taking a fish from the keep net, even though he's not satisfied with them & still after that 'perfect' fish!

Ironmanrises

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 07:51:46 AM »

Right before i let my exUBPDgf back into my life for round 2, i had asked her, "What if i was with someone else?" Her response, "I would do everything in my power to break you up. You are MY man." Doesnt surprise me now, so many months in the aftermath that very statement; it reflects the scary and sad reality, which in my case means, she never truly detached from me to say something like that.
love4meNOTu

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 08:04:03 AM »

He's disordered moonie... but he's a pwBPD that cuts people out of his life when he is done, permanently.

In the depth of winter I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
~Albert Camus
State85

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 08:44:19 AM »

I agree with Moonie and Ironman.

Although I haven't dated anyone since my breakup, I have reunited with a lot of friends some which are female. We just hang out as friends nothing more. But my exgf doesn't like it one bit!

But, it's ok for her to jump to a replacement immediately,sleep with him, etc
KE151

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 09:07:21 AM »

In my case it prompted a recycle attempt.
Moonie75

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 09:32:54 AM »

In my case it prompted a recycle attempt.

Did you stick with the new partner & send tother one packing?

This is a real concern for me! I haven't dated & I'm far from ready if I'm honest. I too have reconnected with female friends & ex now ignores both of them if she sees them. My ex knows there'd never be romantic connection with either female friend & I, but it's a good barometer of how she hates me connecting with women. On any level!

Lord knows what'll happen when I have a new lover!
KE151

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 09:45:05 AM »

Hi moonie,

I stayed with the new woman, and she turned out to be BPD as well.

BPD No 1 was so devilish, keeping NC was a walk in the park. Not so with BPD No 2 though.

Moonie75

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 09:46:46 AM »

Hi moonie,

BPD No 1 was so devilish, keeping NC was a walk in the park. Not so with BPD No 2 though.

And Jesus wept
livetoride87

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 05:06:38 PM »

thanks guys for the reply ... upto this point there has been NC ... only attempts  to get at me by leaving her car parked at a  friends house over night even though she left early knowing I would see her car because it is at the end of my street ... which I found strange and the facebook games trying to make me jealous  and  which makes me wonder if she actually will try and keep me in the net so to speak ... even though she appears to be done with me ... its a strange illness and its great to be able to get a insight from this board ... 3 -4 months later theres allways this fear that whats going to happen next to hurt me so I have been waiting for that tap on the shoulder by a friend to say she is now dating ... im not sure if I would rather her date someone or just stay single because her friends are giving her the supply she needs at this point in time ... to hear that im dating again might set her of and im angry at myself because I still care about what she thinks ... sad is nt it
Moonie75

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 05:13:53 PM »

fear, obligation, GUILT!

Takes a long time to get out of the fog mate. Seems everyone struggles with this too, so don't judge yourself as sad for it. It's part of the course man.
santa

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 05:22:53 PM »

Hi moonie,

LMAO!

When it rains it pours, dude.
Moonie75

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 05:29:10 PM »

You a bad man Santa! 
Lol4fun

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 05:29:35 PM »

Just from my experience & granted it's not much it's like what others have said they don't like the idea of you dating others (mine actually blew up at me b/c I was going to have a date when he already had one before me) Makes no sense. Why who knows.
Moonie75

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 05:33:25 PM »

Just from my experience & granted it's not much it's like what others have said they don't like the idea of you dating others (mine actually blew up at me b/c I was going to have a date when he already had one before me) Makes no sense. Why who knows.

I keep reiterating this.

Because they're the fishermen & we're the fish!

They throw us back into the sea, but into the keep net! They NEVER want us swimming totally free!
Moonie75

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 05:39:34 PM »

They lack confidence & self worth. They're VERY threatened by someone else offering to replace them. They will run down our new partner as a false show of superiority. Fuelled by their own inferiority fears of the replacement being better than the BPDex. You gotta let em have that worry, coz damn right the replacement is gonna be better. (Unless you're KE151)  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Perfidy

Relationship status: Divorced/18 years Single/5 months that I know of.

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 07:11:31 PM »

I was in contact with the BPDex and I started dating again. She tried to lay down a few "rules" about who I could dare and who I couldn't. She asked me not to dare anyone she knew so I dated her sister. Yeah, that happened. I did it just to stir the pot and that family hates each other so much, the sister went right along with it. Then when the ex found out I was dating another girl she tracked her down and gave her dagger eyes and made her feel uncomfortable, informing her that we were ex's. the girl I was seeing told me about the encounter and started to go off about it. I just told her I didn't want to talk about the crazy ex and she respected that. All this while her new host was right beside her. If I was that guy I would have RAN! Instead he spent six grand on putting her in outpatient rehab for meth and getting her rotten chops fixed. She still looks like a burn victim from digging at her face. Other than that she's a great person.
Waifed

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 07:56:23 PM »

He's disordered moonie... but he's a pwBPD that cuts people out of his life when he is done, permanently.

I don't know if most of them truly cut you out of their lives permanently unless they feel they have lost all control.
Moonie75

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 08:15:08 PM »

I have pondered long & hard about what might come my way when I eventually start dating again. And after all my thinking about her, both as a BPD sufferer, and as her own individual, I still have no idea what will happen.

The only one single thing I am satisfied will not happen, is 'nothing'!
love4meNOTu

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2014, 07:20:09 AM »

I don't know if most of them truly cut you out of their lives permanently unless they feel they have lost all control.

hey waifed... .

Yea, he's done it with every woman he's had feelings for and left. At least, that's what he says. And yes, he has lost all control of me. I divorced him, I left him, I made sure he knew exactly why. His behavior was unacceptable. I won't have violence or anger in my home.

He changed his name, he changed his job, he changed his wife #3 (me) for wife #4.

I miss him sometimes, because like all of our pwBPD partners there was a side of him that was so very sweet and caring. But that man was lost to me after being married for about six months. I could not fulfill his needs, as they were tremendous and ever changing. He couldn't fulfill mine, because I refuse to live a life with drama, chaos, and anger. I could have handled the drama, but being afraid of him was just too much for me.

I hope someday to be in a relationship where I do not fear my husband.

blessings,

L

~Albert Camus
Aussie0zborn

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 08:57:33 AM »

... . She asked me not to date anyone she knew so I dated her sister.

You're a classic! Good work.
growing_wings

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 05:06:48 PM »

Right before i let my exUBPDgf back into my life for round 2, i had asked her, "What if i was with someone else?" Her response, "I would do everything in my power to break you up. You are MY man."

freaky... mine said the same... . it is quite scary.

1 day after NC she sent threats to me (text & email)... .  

Soulsisters

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2014, 05:19:28 PM »

Mine just keeps trying to destroy my world

But I am with someone who lets me be myself all the time and it is so nice.

I am not afraid of him and if he is being a jerk I can tell him to f.o. ,and that is a beautiful thing.  When I was with my x I was always afraid.  I love to not be scared.

My x is still a looming threat, but I try to not give that too much influence over my life.

There are good fish
santa

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2014, 05:33:17 PM »

Mine said she'll flip when I date someone else. We're in no contact though and she moved 400 miles away, so I don't see how she'll ever know. I wouldn't care anyway. She can flip all she wants. She's not my problem now.
growing_wings

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 05:36:54 AM »

Mine just keeps trying to destroy my world

soulsisters, do you mind me asking how is he trying to destroy your world? i only ask as i think she is indeed trying to destroy mine... .

sorry if this is to deviate a bit the topic of the thread

Soulsisters

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 05:53:53 AM »

Well,

He hired a team of hackers to torment me for 8 months and paid 98k to have that done.  My credit is ruined and there are still a bunch of after effects of that.

Once I was free of that hell he took some naked photos of me and posted them everywhere on the social sites, which I have never been involved in.

As of for right now he is skillfully alienating my 18 year old and 15 year old from me.  That has been the most evil of all the shifty things he has done.  He used all my friends and family members to hurt me as well.

He got one of my best friends arrested by calling this persons probation officer and made up a bunch of stuff, which is now dismissed after 2 weeks in jail.

My kids are the only thing that still hurts.  I know they will come back though.  Its just a battle.

They will do anything.  But that jerk doesn't get me.  Be prepared for the unimaginable.
Waifed

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 06:16:27 AM »

hey waifed... .

Yea, he's done it with every woman he's had feelings for and left. At least, that's what he says. And yes, he has lost all control of me. I divorced him, I left him, I made sure he knew exactly why. His behavior was unacceptable. I won't have violence or anger in my home.

He changed his name, he changed his job, he changed his wife #3 (me) for wife #4.

I miss him sometimes, because like all of our pwBPD partners there was a side of him that was so very sweet and caring. But that man was lost to me after being married for about six months. I could not fulfill his needs, as they were tremendous and ever changing. He couldn't fulfill mine, because I refuse to live a life with drama, chaos, and anger. I could have handled the drama, but being afraid of him was just too much for me.

I hope someday to be in a relationship where I do not fear my husband.

blessings,

L

L

You sound like a strong woman. He may fear being exposed by you. He may stay away to be safe.
growing_wings

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 11:49:01 AM »

Well,

He hired a team of hackers to torment me for 8 months and paid 98k to have that done.  My credit is ruined and there are still a bunch of after effects of that.

Once I was free of that hell he took some naked photos of me and posted them everywhere on the social sites, which I have never been involved in.

As of for right now he is skillfully alienating my 18 year old and 15 year old from me.  That has been the most evil of all the shifty things he has done.  He used all my friends and family members to hurt me as well.

He got one of my best friends arrested by calling this persons probation officer and made up a bunch of stuff, which is now dismissed after 2 weeks in jail.

My kids are the only thing that still hurts.  I know they will come back though.  Its just a battle.

They will do anything.  But that jerk doesn't get me.  Be prepared for the unimaginable.

WOW soulsisters, i feel for you and i send my very best wishes for this nightmare to be over for you. Sounds terrible.  thanks for sharing

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest