Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 09:25:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meeting tomorrow - giving her an ultimatum  (Read 1998 times)
AwakenedOne

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2014, 12:14:04 AM »

The thing that hurts the most is how she views me now.  She's made out to all of her friends and family (who all think she's so lovely - as would anyone who met her - she's actually a beautiful happy person 99% of the time) that I was just a horror during the entire relationship and how toxic things were.

My ex smeared my name to everybody also.

I am beginning to hate myself which I've not felt like this ever.

Please don't let the opinion of a person with a serious mental disorder change how you view yourself. Your great right? You make mistakes like a normal human right? That's you. Considering she has this toxic affect on you, I hope you find somebody healthy instead that will show you the love that we all deserve.  I forgot, are you seeing a T?
spicelover

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2014, 12:36:34 AM »

I am... . he's the one who suggested she might have BPD and got me onto reading about it.  I still don't know, but she's ticking all the boxes, and her behaviour has just been out of control.  So far he's been listening to me, and not really helping yet.  I come across ok when I'm with the T, but underneath I'm a mess.  I will definitely open up more about what's going on in my head next time I know I need to. 

My mind knows what I need to do, but my heart is a mess.  Then my mind follows.  I wonder if I'm falling into depression sometimes.  I know how bad she is for me now, but I miss the girl I used to know.  I feel like she's just beneath the surface... . does that make sense?  Like she's going to come back one day as the girl I loved, not this new one.  She's so fragile, but pretends to be so happy.  I can't stand it tearing me apart like this.

I don't want to wait, but I wonder... . when it gets to the point my relationship has, do they ever switch back and want to reconcile?  I can't help but wonder if that happened, and we got proper help things could be good.  Do they come back from this, or is it just nasty from here on in?

AwakenedOne

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2014, 01:02:45 AM »

I am... . he's the one who suggested she might have BPD and got me onto reading about it.  I still don't know, but she's ticking all the boxes, and her behaviour has just been out of control.  So far he's been listening to me, and not really helping yet.  I come across ok when I'm with the T, but underneath I'm a mess.  I will definitely open up more about what's going on in my head next time I know I need to.  

My mind knows what I need to do, but my heart is a mess.  Then my mind follows.  I wonder if I'm falling into depression sometimes.  I know how bad she is for me now, but I miss the girl I used to know.  I feel like she's just beneath the surface... . does that make sense? Like she's going to come back one day as the girl I loved, not this new one.  She's so fragile, but pretends to be so happy.  I can't stand it tearing me apart like this.

I don't want to wait, but I wonder... . when it gets to the point my relationship has, do they ever switch back and want to reconcile?  I can't help but wonder if that happened, and we got proper help things could be good.  :)o they come back from this, or is it just nasty from here on in?

I don't know the answer to that question. I'm still learning about BPD to be honest with you. Hopefully others will give you some good advice and insight. I never new anything about BPD till six months after I was dumped by my wife. I'm at the 8 month NC point.

I feel for you and understand. I don't know if this will help you but maybe try to take your mind off her some. Listen to some positive uplifting music, no love songs. Do something fun. I play guitar to relax and take my mind off things. Watch a comedy dvd and laugh. Don't let her drag you down is my advice. Keep us updated.

Good Luck

AO
spicelover

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2014, 07:04:44 AM »

@Skip: what do you make of her contacting my ex-wife and friend?  You always have good insight?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest