Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 02:40:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What if they met another BPD? What do you think would happen  (Read 387 times)
AG

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: May 29, 2014, 02:36:55 PM »

Real random and very hypothetical question but what do you think would happen if they met another BPD? Imagine this scenario. Your BPD ex just freshly does they're routine of raging then blaming you for it and then they run away to avoid responsibility. They have a replacement lined up as most usually do but the replacement turns out to be a undiagnosed BPD. What do you all think would happen?
pipehitter

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 02:44:19 PM »

I have actually seen this happen.

Friend of mine (Psychiatrist Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)) dumped his BPD girlfriend (with the sentence ":)ear XXX. I am sorry I tried to be an alchemist. I wanted to turn copper into gold. But one can do whatever he wants... . copper stays copper." to years ago.

She's high functioning and actually nice to be around. I met her recently. She just got divorced after 2 years of horrible marriage with a diagnosed BPD, the stories I heard from her sister are unbelievable.

I told the Psychiatrist two days ago when I called him. He was laughing SO HARD. I heard him wipe the tears out of his eyes.

"CAN YOU IMAGINE THE CIRCUS? TWO OF THEM? BWAHAHAHA"

First time I laughed in weeks.
imsodizzy

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 02:45:18 PM »

They woukd ride off to the inferno together
pipehitter

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 02:47:33 PM »

Btw, I had a similar thought I played around with in my head lately.

What if me and my ex would have lived on an island. Nobody around. just the two of us.

How would her symptoms have manifested?

There is nothing to be jealous of, I couldn't leave, couldn't cheat etc etc

Interesting thought.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 03:06:59 PM »

I'm pretty sure mine did. Or a guy with obvious NPD traits. I would find it slightly amusing... . if we didn't have kids. She already introduced him to the kids barely after she moved out. It caused problems with our children.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
lipstick

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 04:17:23 PM »

Hi AG,

I would be happy to give you some insight on what that would look like. My exBPDbf dumped me and ran back to his (also BPD) spouse (don't ask). These two "lovebirds" have been together now for 25 years.

Some of the incidents are as follows:

While my ex was sleeping in his recliner - spouse came up behind him and punched him in the face. The blow broke his nose.

When they were at a local chain restaurant - my ex gave up one of his "two for one" drinks to a friend. Spouse didn't like that. She swung at him and knocked him off of his barstool. They were banned from the restaurant.

When they were attending a Superbowl party at his employer's establishment - spouse threw a glass across the room at him.

Spouse has rammed his vehicle with hers on more than one occasion.

The local law enforcement has been called to their home so many times - the police now just laugh and take their sweet time showing up.

My ex and his spouse have not had sex in over thirteen years. She doesn't want him in the bed with her. Told him not to even breathe on her.

She is a raging alcoholic as well. And he stays.

Good times, huh?  Yet I am the one that is now "split black" and despised simply because I refused his Facebook "Friend Request" back in December. Yes, I'm serious!  Smiling (click to insert in post)

OH! Forgot to add - no one will visit them or invite them to their homes. They've witnessed the behavior first-hand and want no part of the drama. When we became involved - his friends told him to run away with me and never look back. Yeah, that worked out.

AwakenedOne

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 06:34:41 PM »

They would ride off to the inferno together

Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Trent

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 10:18:03 PM »

"CAN YOU IMAGINE THE CIRCUS? TWO OF THEM? BWAHAHAHA"

This.   Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
imsodizzy

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 05:37:30 AM »

Even if you were on an island your ex woukd become jelous of the time you were spending with a coconut and one day u would wake up to find your bestfriend wilson the volley ball stabed to death by a rock shank then you would be split black and she would move to the otherside of the island and then u would be morning the loss of wilson and BPDex then u would make a raft and paddle the hell out of there
antjs

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 07:45:18 AM »

Even if you were on an island your ex woukd become jelous of the time you were spending with a coconut and one day u would wake up to find your bestfriend wilson the volley ball stabed to death by a rock shank then you would be split black and she would move to the otherside of the island and then u would be morning the loss of wilson and BPDex then u would make a raft and paddle the hell out of there

LOL this is the most funny post on this forum
BorisAcusio

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 07:48:31 AM »

You made my day Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
AwakenedOne

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 09:24:18 PM »

That is so freakin funny and true also.
nownotsure

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 10:24:42 PM »

My exBPDbf dumped me and ran back to his (also BPD) spouse (don't ask). These two "lovebirds" have been together now for 25 years.

I've heard this one before, and thought it was a myth. I just don't get it. What makes two disordered personalities able to put up with each other for so long? Maybe it all depends on one's vantage point: as in whether one's looking from inside the insane asylum or from the outside.

Anyway, this thread is way too funny!

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest