Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 05:40:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The BPD success program ebook?  (Read 352 times)
Blimblam

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 16, 2014, 06:15:53 PM »

Has any one tried The BPD Success Program Ebook?

Its on this website www.reignitethefire.net/BPD-book/

I was curious about it and wondered if anyone has checked it out?

It claims to take a different path than just validating constantly to the relationship I am curious.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

InSearchofMe

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 12:55:35 AM »

No, I haven't read it or tried it.  I didn't even know about it until you posted this.  But I did go check out the website.  I learned a few things skimming through the website that lead me to the conclusion that I will save my money and not buy this.

First, the author is an uncredentialed 28 year old who, according to a response the author made to a comment in the About Me section, "can say for certain that I have more knowledge about relationships than 90% of the population."

Second, I found several comments in the posts or authors comments on this website that  make blanket statements about women.  Or parenting (doesn't look like he has kids or any education in parenting).

Third, he is also very degrading to people who post comments that do not follow his perfect solution to BPD.  Calls people retarded and such.

There is a lot of crap on the internet about BPD and how to deal with being in a relationship with someone who suffers.  This looks to be more of it.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
goldylamont

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 09:33:37 AM »

well, you know i guess it depends on how much you trust yourself to read stuff like this and only take the good parts out of it for yourself. if you feel like you can be skeptical but maybe get something out of it maybe it could be cool. i bet this guy is making pretty good money from this though.

i only browsed over some of the site, but the one thing i liked is that it doesn't sound like this guy is a passive codependent. it's one thing that makes me feel separate from many on this site as i don't really have these qualities. overall i have so much else in common with everyone here though so it's still immensely helpful. but i do feel the need to constantly curb what i write to try and make it 'nice' enough for people here, because i understand that people here are in a fragile position and dealing with a lot of issues on their own.

as a rule of thumb, just remember to question everything you read--what you read here, or off this guy's site or anywhere else. ultimately you just have to learn to trust your own instincts to know what's right for you.
an0ught
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 12:55:48 PM »

Hi Blimblam,

generally we recommend to check the author's credentials when it comes to selecting literature and our book review section always has some background on authors for that reason. Recommended books for staying are:

Loving Someone with Borderline Personality Disorder

by Shari Y. Manning, Ph.D.

The Essential Family Guide to Borderline Personality Disorder

by Randi Kreger

The High Conflict Couple

by Alan E. Fruzzetti, Ph.D

all from authors with documented credentials and kindle eBook versions at lower prices.

Writing is self validation. Writing on bpdfamily is self validation squared!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest