Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 23, 2024, 12:20:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHOA I need advice  (Read 368 times)
JohnThorn

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: July 27, 2014, 10:26:14 PM »

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I posted here.  I have recently resumed contact with my uBPD ex.  In the months she was out of my life, became much stronger and productive... .advanced at my job, moved to a wonderful apartment, was more creative and began to build a nicer physique.  It sounds like something out of a comedy perhaps how I ended up getting back in contact with my ex, but to be honest... .I started to show signs of an STD... .not a serious STD, but one that I found alarming enough to tell her I had contracted... .FROM HER because she was my last sexual partner.

One thing led to another, and now we are sleeping together again (with protection on my part)... .however I am enjoying daily bouts of borderline-isms.  Not to make light of it.  I won't commit to her now no matter how much she begs me for it.  I have no desire and I am open with her and let her know I am seeing (and potentially sleeping with) other people.  I feel very strong... .and somehow... .

This has turned me into a bit of a bully. And that's what I wanted to talk about with you guys.  I have a lot of anger toward my ex for many things.  Even recent things.  I do have love for her, but it's very tainted and I find myself being very mean and blunt and out of character.  I am usually very gentle and sensitive to people's feelings. It's one of the reasons I was taken advantage of by my uBPD ex.  I was literally spit out and left for dead by this person... .if we are talking about emotional abuse and misuse, she basically paralyzed me not that long ago.

I don't want to be a bully... .It happens when she says something truly astonishingly reckless and designed to hurt me and then instead of me being hurt or walking away, I am able now to top whatever she says and does and I simply don't care anymore.  It's a senseless battle and its only destructive, but that's where I am at.  I hate admitting this.  I never wanted to be doing this with someone I truly loved, and may honestly not be loving anymore.  I am afraid to not love someone I once thought was the only person I would ever marry.  But she has hurt me too bad.

In other ways, I am frankly happy to be this strong and have the chance to not get sucked in again by her borderline behavior.  I try very hard to recognize the symptoms.  What I don't understand is why I haven't fully walked away.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

ziniztar

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: I chose to end the r/s end of October 2014. He cheated and pushed every button he could to push me away until I had to leave.

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 04:29:32 AM »

Hi JohnTurn,

Sorry to read about your struggles, and your STD. That can't be nice.

Not sure if the staying board is the best place to ask. I guess people at Undecided or Leaving are more experienced in detachment. When I read your story I see a lot of (now surfaced, recognized) resentment. It also reminds me of the article on the Karpman Drama Triangle, and moving into a persecutor role. Perhaps that article will make you understand the dynamics?

Best of luck... I can imagine it is hard to stay away. I commend you for recognizing your own unhealthy behviour, it's good you're reaching out here for help.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest