Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 04:31:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D16 pregnant pt ii  (Read 1025 times)
MammaMia

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2014, 02:06:12 AM »

SeaSprite

DD's bf did not tell his family her age?  Interesting.  I wonder what else he has not told them.  

I suspect this information may create a "what are you thinking?" family discussion.  At least I hope so.

Time for a reality check.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
HealingSpirit

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married 19 years.

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2014, 08:45:19 PM »

One problem down, nine hundred ninety nine more to go.

Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) Thank you for keeping your sense of humor, SeaSprite!  I don't know HOW you're staying so beautifully calm and pragmatic about this dreadful situation. You're an example for us all!

Thank you. 
SeaSprite

Relationship status: married, divorced from kids' dad

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2014, 11:39:39 PM »

Thanks healingspirit. I'm not sure about calm though, might be bordering on clinical depression. 

Which probably looks a little like calm. 
HealingSpirit

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2014, 12:08:55 PM »

Thanks healingspirit. I'm not sure about calm though, might be bordering on clinical depression. 

Which probably looks a little like calm. 

You know? I understand this a little bit too well. I have been on Prozac since my DD was 14. There is only so much beating up and stress a person can take before it wears us down.

I really appreciate your sense of humor through the turmoil you're going through. It really helps me to chuckle at the absurdity of all we go through.  I'd rather laugh than cry any day, and some days either one, or both may apply.

theplotthickens

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2014, 02:39:13 PM »

On that topic, sometimes a glass of wine can look a whole lot like a good coping mechanism.  You know, things look better with a glass of merlot and a good dessert.  You are due for something pretty lavish, after all you've been through!
HealingSpirit

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2014, 05:55:04 PM »

On that topic, sometimes a glass of wine can look a whole lot like a good coping mechanism.  You know, things look better with a glass of merlot and a good dessert.  You are due for something pretty lavish, after all you've been through!

I couldn't agree more. Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) I second the toast! 
peace in steel town

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2014, 09:06:23 PM »

Sea sprite, how far along is your daughter? Things may change when she gets closer to the due date, when she is not so cute and fun, bf may move onto greener pastures. Doesn't change that you have a pregnant daughter, just what problem you have to deal with today. As far as the question posed by Js friend, yes, dd wants us to adopt the baby so children's aid won't take it away at birth, and they would be okay with that. The problem is that even if we adopt this baby, there is nothing to stop dd from cranking out several more, and we can't adopt all of them. Our dd got pregnant on purpose, and I think that having a baby was one way of staying on welfare as long as possible.   
SeaSprite

Relationship status: married, divorced from kids' dad

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2014, 07:49:06 PM »

I've just finished a bit of gin on the rocks. Feeling mellow.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

D is only 9-10 weeks. I keep expecting him to move on... .he might actually be working on leaving now... .He is gone for 17 days of National Guard training out of state, and he is hoping to qualify for another round that will be 12 weeks after that. We'll see... .

She seems pretty attached to the idea of being a mom.

Today she was supposed to start her new quarter at the college, but she was too sick to go. Urg.

My older d (who had a difficult time of it until recently) has said she's glad not to be the identified problem anymore, since she'd have to be a coke addict to be worse than sixteen and pregnant. So competitive! She is doing well though, she has a new job that is the first rung on her career ladder.

Now if only younger d would get with the program!
theplotthickens

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2014, 09:21:16 AM »

Hi Sea Sprite,

I'm a Beefeater girl myself.  Smiling (click to insert in post)  How did this week go?  You are in  my thoughts and prayers.  May you find strength, wisdom and hope.  How do you feel within yourself and how are you coping?  Sending hugs your way.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest