Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 12:34:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Closure thoughts  (Read 361 times)
kc sunshine

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: August 25, 2014, 08:31:17 PM »

When I' was reading about how tough it is to not have closure on this board, at first I couldn't relate because whoa did my ex dBPDgf give me a lot of slam the phone down closure. Now I realize who I didn't get closure with was the nice, loving her. That's the one I miss not having closure with. Is that what you all mean too?

enlighten me

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 08:39:00 PM »

For me its the not knowing what was true and what was a lie.

Not knowing if they actually ever loved is the biggest one for me. Was I just used or was there real feelings for me. I doubt I will ever get the answers I want.

So as far as closure goes I will never get full closure I just have to accept that its over and learn from my mistakes.

woofhound

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 08:56:20 PM »

The closure I sought was found on this board. I said in another post that, the hardest part for me was not knowing if my relationship problems could be resolved. Once it became clear that I wasn't dealing with a rational person (something I already knew in my heart) it was much easier for me t move forward.

Do I still think of her? -Yes. Everyday. However, with each day the thoughts are less persistent.

Do I still love her? -Yes, but in a different way. I never truly knew "her". I was well acquainted with the image she created to mirror me, but that's not a real person. It's a figment, a phantom... .It's a terrified little girl. Once all of the pieces came together and I finally saw her for her, I was able to look past the aggression, which was a façade, and see the true nature of her. In seeing her true nature, I have also become self aware. I've begun to question what it is that makes me attracted to such a fatal person, and I've begun to realize that change is knocking at my door. In many ways the change is already in motion.
Caredverymuch

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 09:04:10 PM »

For me its the not knowing what was true and what was a lie.

Not knowing if they actually ever loved is the biggest one for me. Was I just used or was there real feelings for me. I doubt I will ever get the answers I want.

So as far as closure goes I will never get full closure I just have to accept that its over and learn from my mistakes.

Enlighten, I agree with your words. I struggle with who I actually "knew."

Who was that person I went so very deep with, for so long ?  I really have no idea now.

Where did the person I knew, go?

What does this other person remember of us. Anything?

Was that love for him?

It was for me.

I'm still the same.

I didn't change.

Hurts.
Pingo

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 11:40:53 PM »

The closure I sought was found on this board. I said in another post that, the hardest part for me was not knowing if my relationship problems could be resolved. Once it became clear that I wasn't dealing with a rational person (something I already knew in my heart) it was much easier for me t move forward.

Agreed.  The ambiguity during the r/s, not knowing what I should do, constant anxiety, panic attacks, finally making a decision then wondering if it was the right one.  So exhausting.  About a month after the break up, numbness finally left and I was then deep in despair and grief, crying all the time, wondering if I could have tried harder, got us more counselling, etc.  I was so scared that I had made a mistake and lost the love of my life because I gave up on us... .Then I found this board and it has helped so much in coming to terms with my decision and also knowing that I have a chance to truly heal these deep wounds that I have, not just from him but from my childhood (shoved so far away I didn't even realise they were there but this r/s has brought them to the surface).  That is giving me some closure although I have a long way to go.

I imagine that closure is a much different process depending on who ended the r/s, the pwBPD or the non. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest