Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 04:55:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New member  (Read 362 times)
Purplepain
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: September 18, 2014, 03:17:07 PM »

Hi,

I have a child with BPD. Our relationship is very up and down. I am struggling with this and need support of others who are in the same situation, which is why I have joined this group.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
HealingSpirit

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married 19 years.

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 03:33:22 PM »

Hello Purplepain,

Welcome I'm so sorry you have a child with BPD!  I know how hard it is and how alone you've been feeling.  My daughter(17) suffers with BPD as well, and life has been challenging for our family since she was little.  The mood swings, the drama, the rages, the twisting of my words, and the private cutting episodes... .it's all so much more than any of my friends with teens deal with.  How old is your child?  Has he or she been diagnosed?  Or did you stumble upon us and discovered how well these BPD symptoms fit?

When a child suffers from BPD (even our adult child), not only is the child unhappy and unhealthy, but often, so is everyone who loves them. This mental illness can severely affect everyone, creating drama and heartbreak, while also piling on the guilt and anxiety. The good news is that there are answers to these problems, and we are here to offer you the support and encouragement to help you find them. You'll see that there are things that can be done to stop making things worse and begin to make them better. A great place to start is with this set of resources: What can a parent do? We look forward to seeing you on the Parenting a Son or Daughter Suffering from BPD board and hope you join us in learning how to understand and communicate with our children better.

I hope you'll join me and the other supportive parents on the "parenting board" I just mentioned.  It really helps to feel heard and validated by others who KNOW what you're going through. Also, there are lots of tools and resources on this site that will help you cope and give you renewed hope that your child CAN get better.

Hang in there!

Rapt Reader
Retired Staff

Relationship status: married

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 06:14:47 PM »

Hello, Purplepain &  Welcome

I'm so happy you found us, and I'd like to join HealingSpirit in asking you to join us by posting here on the Parenting Board... .And to encourage you to take her advice and check out all of the links to the right-hand side of this page, as a way to find some understanding of just what is troubling your child and making things so difficult for your relationship.

How old is your child, by the way? Is he/she still living at home? What exactly is going on that has brought you to our family? Please tell us more about your situation so we can help, Purplepain 

qcarolr
Distinguished Member

Relationship status: Married to DH since 1976

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 10:55:18 AM »

Purplepain   

We are glad you have found us here at bpdfamily. It is so overwhelming coping with the roller coaster ride with our troubled kids. My pwBPD is my D28. She has been a challenge her whole life. With the help of the tools, knowledge and support here and in the support network I searched out in my community, things are getting better in our home. DD is still struggling, our communication is better, and I have more hope.

As you are able to share more of your story with us, those that share common experiences are here to support you. Keep coming back. We care. We understand.

qcr

The best criticism of the bad is the practice of the better. (Dom Helder)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest