Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 07:16:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intuition?  (Read 419 times)
Hawk Ridge

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: October 15, 2014, 07:13:32 PM »

Lately, I have been feeling better.  It's been 6 1/2 months since the horrible "I fell out of love with you... .months ago" and 4 1/2 months since she "fell in love" with my replacement.  Worst spring and summer ever but I started feeling better in the last month.  When we were together, the first devaluation occurred 5 months in.  She has been with my replacement for almost 5 months and... .she has been texting and emailing, asking to see me when I am in town, commenting on my facebook posts (and yes, I chose to not do NC as I would like to remain friends at a minimum and an improved reuniting if she is single again).  Regardless, I have been in a place where I have felt like I would like to someday be with her but, if not, I was willing to move along.  I stopped crying every day.   I have heard rumor that pwBPD's have sort of a 6th sense, that they are aware you are moving on and letting go so they step up efforts to keep you in the net.   Anyone else heard anything or experienced anything like this?  Thank you!

pseudotsuga

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 05:03:51 AM »

glad you have been feeling better... .(oh, i know that impulsive switch of emotions. iloveyou/ihateyou - in the same breath, almost, and how it hurts and burns. ouch. sorry.)

anytime i make a serious decision to leave my partner (of 6 years - still trying to decide if i am staying or not) - whenever i feel deep inside that i have reached a breaking point and it is ABSOLUTELY TIME TO LEAVE... .he feels it, and he does everything he can to reel me back in with sweetness, fun, a seeming actual effort to communicate well and be kind, promises of a wonderful possible futures (that will probably never be). OR (even worse), he manufactures a crisis by threatening suicide - knowing that it is always a surefire route to send me running back full of concern/heartbreak/broken devastation... .

anyway, it seems to me that he has a deep sense of knowing when i have truly snapped, when i feel serious about leaving him. it's not when i tell him or talk about it. it is when i feel it. he seems to pick up on my feelings/intentions/internal decision to leave, and he tries to bring me back - one way or another... .

(and so far, I have been a sucker and returned every time)
borderdude

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 06:08:25 AM »

idealization and infatuation is correlated. Some BPD do get infatuated to get closer to you , depends on the person.
Fatherwith2girls

Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 02:25:54 PM »

I don't know if this is any help, but my wife had no clue I was SO unhappy and wanted out. The sad thing is I TOLD her over and over that her behavior was making me sad, upset, feel bad, and just not like her. It's selective hearing I guess that they don't want to accept any responsibility.  I would say though that rather than a 6th sense your ex probably is just now realizing how good you were!  My wife repeatedly told me she was going to move home with her parents because she hated me and I ruined her life. In reality she didn't want to leave at all but wanted attention (only in the way she wants which I can never figure out).  It's most likely your ex is just feeling they made a mistake and want you back because the new person isn't all they'd hoped for.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest