Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 02:32:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to keep my relationship healthy with my girlfriend who has BPD  (Read 485 times)
LasVegasPunk89

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: in a relationship for about 1yrear a nd 1 month

« on: October 30, 2014, 04:48:12 AM »

How do i keep a healthy relationship with my girlfriend who has BPD ?
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

trappedinlove

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 10:18:52 AM »

How do i keep a healthy relationship with my girlfriend who has BPD ?

The following message board is more appropriate for this question:

[L5] Staying: Improving a Relationship with a Borderline Partner

I wish you the best with it, seriously.

Keeping a healthy relationship with a girlfriend who has BPD, WITHOUT destroying yourself in the process is not an easy task.

Is she or were she in therapy?  How self aware is she of her disorder? How capable is she in containing and regulating her feelings and moods?  How is your communication going, especially when she is triggered?  Can she communicate her needs and be somewhat reasonable about it, or at least communicate she is unreasonable and needs to be left alone? If you cannot communicate while she is triggered, can you at least talk post-factum?

Except for therapy and infinite amounts of love and compassion you'll need to be able to establish healthy boundaries for yourself (YOUR boundaries not hers!), know how to validate her feelings without necessarily agreeing with them, and be able to communicate and get over the unending bumps on the road.  I think that's the gist of it.
Blimblam

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 10:19:12 AM »

I suggest you check out the staying board and read the lessons and articles there.
LasVegasPunk89

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 01:27:15 PM »

When she trips it's can be extremely bad or mild what ever it is she is always the victim and admits she will mes up she will use im crazy and it's ok for me i do it cus i get reckless and i get a mind set to where i do not know what i am thinking at the moment and will tell me everything im doing wrong and what I'm not a man for not doing for her or just know what to do or what she wants me to do she telks me she is not great at communicating with anyone but it's really only me she cant with everyone else she can communicat with her friends and ex husband and her ex husband mentaly abused her badly very controlling were she thinks im like her ex husband and her fist ex boyfriend because the other guy was a social butterfly so am i and she is anti social if i incuregd her to be social or make friends she takes it as i trying to change her and don't really lover her for who she really is as a person and i am truly in love with her know matter what if she gets better in rehab or gets worse i will be by her side and she thinks im going to leave her for odd reasons and more
LasVegasPunk89

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 01:34:41 PM »

I have tryed to do everything all on my own with out knowing anything about her mental ilness BPD at all and that should have been my first step to helping her and myself is read everything i could about BPD and the other ilneses she has as well she thinks I'm going to just give up on her and abandone her no way am i she is my soul mate my true love
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest