Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 10:36:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving on  (Read 354 times)
CareTaker

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: November 03, 2014, 11:45:06 PM »

I have been reading many posts, and it seems we basically are all on the same page. Whether it be the relationship, the abuse or the make up/break up. We all seem to share the same pain, and we all seem to get replaced within about 2 weeks.

Pity we can't put pics of the ex on this site, because our stories are so similar I wonder if we not just circulating the same women between us.

I am not going to repeat my whole experience here, but I would like to share my recovery.

Just shortly some detail. After a 3 year relationship, I finally decided to leave after I was attacked with the bread knife. Our relationship was such a mess, that we never had any sex for the last 2 months, prior to the attack. I was distressed, and my work was suffering big time. I realized I must get out, but never knew how.

Two months ago, I just left her flat. I realized this was an addiction worse than drugs, and I had to prepare for the withdrawal. Two weeks later she send an email, asking to meet for drinks. I just replied: No thank you. About two weeks later a mutual friend told me she has met this wonderful guy, and she has moved on. That kinda hurt, badly.

My plan of action: I deleted all our pics. Every single one. I threw all her gifts she gave me, (just a cheap aftershave and a few clothing) in the bin. I don't have facebook, but deleted all the contact numbers, email addresses and all the mail she had sent me. I basically erased her out my life. As for the mutual friend, good bye is was good knowing you.

Then the withdrawal set in and it was hell.

Looking back and I notice some change. For the last 6 months I been getting like a type of asthma. It recently starting clearing, and my chest doesn't feel so tight anymore. I can breathe normally again. Yesterday and today where the first time in probably 3 or 4 months that I woke up horny. Wow, I am recovering!

Apart from the mental abuse, your health takes a serious knock, and adds to your depression.

Evenings when I get into bed is the worst. I am alone in this dark room. Then I sit on my bed and pray to God. Ask Him to give me strength to fight this feeling I feel in my stomach. Ask for guidance and strength to get through the next day. That helped tremendously, and I will do this for the rest of my life.

Feeling my body heal, I know my emotions are healing as well. Yet, I am still fragile and have to take one day at a time.

Some positives I took out the relationship.

I broke up. She mailed, and I refused. That does give some strength and builds a bit of confidence. Seeing that I was always the one that went back, this time I never and I know she questions that in her mind, despite the fact that she has moved on. I left her guessing.

Something my therapist told me, that I found interesting. My ex never gave herself time to heal from our relationship. Not from any previous relationship. She is 34 and never had a relationship longer than a year. Ours was the longest, 3 years. She is carrying that pain with her. And somewhere, someday she is going to crack and all that is going to hit her.

I know she desperately wants to get pregnant. Maybe the reason why my mind switch sex off. I just knew I never could have a baby with this woman. So the new guy won't have much time for honeymoon. She wants a baby, and if I think of the money I spent on this woman, then I hope he is a very rich man. Because this honeymoon is going to cost him for the next 18 years. Besides that, the lovely seductive lady is just a false personality. He is stuck with a monster which has a terrible personality disorder.

Guys, don't go back. Get over the withdrawal period, and heal. For your own health. This is not a game, and the effects on your body is not worth the bit of loving. Think about this as a very bad experience, and move on.

I am no Casanova, and can count my ex's on the fingers of my one hand, but this was the most horrible relationship I have ever been in.

I thank God for saving me, and giving me the strength to say: NO
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest