Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 10:49:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Detaching from my Playmate  (Read 346 times)
Loveofhislife

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« on: November 12, 2014, 07:28:51 AM »

Just a few thoughts after reading some posts this morning. I believe I have been in  the depression phase of my grieving (denial, anger, depression, acceptance). I think it has been as bad or worse than the other phases, but as I wrote last week, "I can see clearly now." And the FOG continues to clear.

In my FOO, I was the youngest of 3 by many years. Functionally, an only child, and certainly a lonely child. I had a rich imagination but longed for the attention of my much older parents and older siblings: all who made me feel either like an annoyance or a petulant cocker spaniel.

Later in life, I took care of (rescued, nursed, etc.) all four members of my FOO. In this way, I found my role with them, and gained their acceptance. I was the "strong" one: their Princess of Tides.

I replicated how I found acceptance in subsequent relationships: I was counselor, big sister, rescuer, coach, and consultant to all who came into my life--including my former spouse and three children.

About 16 months ago, a man came into my life. He NEEDED my help more than anyone I ever had met. He attended to my every "need" every waking moment of every day. He mirrored me to become the playmate I always wanted but never had. He was my help-meet; he could solve any and every problem I had. It seemed we were perfect for each other.

But my playmate soon became jealous and angry and controlling. What happened? What did I do? What didn't I do? We became entangled in a spiral of need and dependence: not love. Then he suddenly left one day--never to return.

I lost my playmate, but I found myself: not nearly as strong or independent as I thought. And in my acceptance, I must somehow forgive and be thankful that exbfBPD showed me the way.

I pray each of us carries on through the FOG; that each of us becomes our own best playmate; and that God willing; we each find companionship not only with ourselves but with others who reciprocate our love for self and others.

Thank you, BPD Family
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest