Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 27, 2024, 09:21:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015 and beyond  (Read 429 times)
CareTaker

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: December 28, 2014, 04:28:50 AM »

I came across these wise words, and want to share it on this forum. I think especially for those of us who have been fighting this lost feeling for some time. Most of us need to look inward, to correct ourselves to be in a position to move on. Man was not created to be single. It goes against all the laws of nature. So, lets move away from all the negative thoughts, the abuse, the devaluing, etc. and get something positive to work on for the new year.

This is what I want to share:

“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too.

All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of

events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favour all manner of unforeseen incidents and

meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.

Begin it now.” – William H Murray

My plans for the new year is to continue to grow and heal from my co-dependency. Put up more boundaries, and always evaluate my current circumstances, before just leaping blindly into something. Whether it be a relationship, or anything that could have a negative effect on my life. Remaining NC is a definite boundary. I have enough friends, and none of them have ever used or abused me in any way.

Your plans to attract a fuller and happier life for 2015... .?
enlighten me

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 04:53:25 AM »

Start a new job, travel more, have some meaningless encounters (just to prove I dont have to jump into a relationship), spend quality time with my kids, sort out my finances ( nearly their already. Amazed how much available money I have without the ex draining it) and finally finish detatching from my exs.

Trog

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 05:54:27 AM »

I find the words of Eckhart Tolle incredibly soothing when my mind is spinning this mess round and round.

As for goals, I intend to lose more weight (lost 5kgs since the split but would like to drop another 10kgs). Learn a new language and most importantly, try to find some peace and put myself in a position where a new romantic relationship is viable.
Tibbles

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 06:37:14 AM »

Great timing. I was just thinking today:

2013 - the year I escaped my marriage

2014 - the year of finding me again

2015 - the year of moving forward. Divorce and starting  a new life, what ever that may look like.
rollercoaster24

Relationship status: Living apart six months

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 11:22:33 PM »

Great topic for us all

I would like to have some time off work, (long overdue).

Love to start dance class and also learn more of the guitar.

Develop a better routine between work/home/social life.

Have another attempt at giving up smoking, and hopefully succeed this time.

Go to the gym more and exercise more in general.

Get control of my weight finally.

Travel overseas to Thailand or Bali.

Whew!
Deeno02

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 01:31:17 AM »

Just a simple plan... .put this away in the life lesson box and live a happy life!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest