Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 04:11:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaving him alone and living my own life isn't working  (Read 361 times)
Sunfl0wer
`

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: He moved out mid March

« on: March 01, 2015, 08:56:58 AM »

(I posted this another board too, I hope I'm not doing posting wrong)

My uBPDstbexbf and I live together just two more months.  It seems like we are both detaching in our own way, I'm fine with that.

He has been withdrawing, has painted me black.  He acts like he is scared of me even though nothing has occurred for him to feel that way.  I just imagine he is reliving some trauma of his past and projecting me as a villain. 

I'm afraid if I do not approach him and try to "fix" his emotional state that he will go deeper into his projection, flip from victim to aggressor in a reaction to whatever he is dealing with.

His behavior is triggering my own PTSD of hypervigilance and my startle reflex is sensitive. He is in-tune to my PTSD and when I react scared, he falsely assumes I painted him a villain, then he projects, paints me a villain, then takes on a fearful victim role that lasts till something flips or bursts it.   

My PTSD response usually only lasts a few seconds, I calm down, I know the difference between reality and triggers and move on quickly in that moment, more like a quick sneeze.

However, his uBPD response lasts until he can confirm I am a villain.  It can go on for weeks until he can build a case, get proof, pick a fight, make a false accusation and paint me blacker.

How do I keep things calm for next 2 months?  Do I validate him?  Give him some planned narcissistic supply?

(Leaving him alone and living my own life isn't working.)

How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself.~Anais Nin
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest