Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 15, 2024, 05:00:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm new here  (Read 361 times)
Peaches1978
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: March 03, 2015, 09:10:05 AM »

Good Afternoon All,

I'm fairly new to this. It seems so strange to find myself in a support group and I'm a Child Psychologis myself and have found myself deeply, madly in love with a Person not yet diagnosed with BPD (but boy oh boy - all the indicators are there). We are now on our 3rd break up in which he pushes me away when all things go well. His standard break up line is "I'm affraid I can't love you the way you deserve to be loved and you should find someone who can give you what I can't". By now (I've only been doing this for 3 months) I should be used to the rollercoaster but being pushed away without me being able to identify the "trigger" hurts each and everytime. I listed myself as "seperated" here eventhough I hope this is not the end.
Heldfast

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: abandoned December 22, 2014

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 09:42:00 AM »

Welcome Peaches and I hope you find the information on this site helpful, I know I have. If he's undiagnosed, and not seeking help, you'll probably find you are in a real bind when it comes to trying to develop a healthy, stable relationship. Start with the lessons here, and I may also suggest reading either "Stop Walking on Eggshells", or "I hate you, don't leave me."

"Chaos is not a pit. Chaos is a ladder." - Lord Petyr Baelish
Tim300

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 10:05:07 AM »

I am sorry that you are going through this.  Be grateful that you've identified BPD in 3 months though.  I am certain that many fellow readers are very jealous of that. 

I would read, read, and read some more about BPD.  I would not mention to him anything about BPD or that you suspect he might have it.  From my experience and from reading so many others' experiences, that does not tend to go over well.  At least give yourself some more time to learn about BPD first.
Lucky Jim

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 01:20:43 PM »

Hi Peaches, I doubt you will be able to identify the "trigger" because it changes from incident to incident.  I also doubt that you will be able to "figure out" BPD, because it is a cluster of paradoxical behavior, as you are learning.  You are way ahead of the game, though, in the sense that you are aware of BPD, whereas most of us here had to learn about the disorder the hard way, after years of turmoil and upheaval.  So find out all you can about BPD before you get back on the roller coaster.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest