Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 15, 2024, 05:32:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remind Me  (Read 393 times)
yoshitx

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 06, 2015, 08:52:17 AM »

I am 5 years out.

Left my BPD wife after 23 years.

My kids refused to see her for years.  But they are older now and have started to talk with her.

I need to be reminded that:  Just because she is mostly out of our lives,  she is not going to suddenly be rational in our dealings with her.

I have 9 more alimony payments and my youngest will 18 in 9 months.    Perhaps then it will end.
NorthernGirl

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 12:00:15 PM »

Hi.   That's a good reminder. No matter what we all do, the BPD is on her own path. We can only control our own actions.

Do you still have interactions with her? In my DH's case, he has joint guardianship of SS20 (who has special needs) with his ex, so there may be no end.

With your kids being older and you being five years out, have you found other things to keep yourself busy? DH struggled with his kids not needing him as much. He went from feeling as though he was pulled in all directions trying to help all three kids to no having to do much, and it was a hard transition. How about you?

[/url]
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 01:16:33 PM »

23 years is a long time, and it sounds like your kids were so traumatized they didn't want to see her. You have likely been deeply wounded, too, after many years in the marriage, and then the divorce, and aftermath.

How are the kids doing otherwise?

I have one son (13), and the judge terminated visitation. I was awarded full custody, so in many ways, it is over.

But there is a lot of healing to do. My son struggles with depression and anxiety. I believe that deep down, so painful he cannot bear to touch it, S13 feels that he must not be lovable. My hope is that he processes that pain and lets it go so that he does not repeat the same cycle of dysfunction that has affected our families for generations.

I hope your family finds peace and can recover. As challenging as it may be for the kids, it is a good sign that they are talking to their mom. Avoiding the BPD parent often just gives the feelings more force, imo.

Breathe.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest