Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 21, 2024, 06:01:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: They who hate others really hate themselves  (Read 384 times)
Reecer1588

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

« on: March 25, 2015, 05:29:37 PM »

There is so much I wish I could say to my ex girlfriend now.

One of the many things I am coming to accept as a part of my transformation is "They who hate others really hate themselves", and while I believe this isn't dogma, it certainly works for me. I believe in it. If you hate others, treat others with contempt, that is exactly how you feel about yourself.

And the truth is, I believe this is the case with my ex. She has shown me so much hate since she painted me black, I believe that's the same way she deep down feels about herself.

This is not the kind of person I want to be. I want to like,love, be kind to others, because that's how I want to treat myself.

That's all

Thanks for having this place to let my thoughts be written down

Reece
Mike-X

Relationship status: living apart

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 06:00:37 PM »

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Blimblam

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 10:10:41 PM »

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

And in some very related way I found/find that attractive.
rj47

Relationship status: Divorced after 30 years. Still care, but moved on.

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 02:32:22 PM »

This is not the kind of person I want to be. I want to like,love, be kind to others, because that's how I want to treat myself.

I found that my need to love her, be kind, cope, be a better man and try "manage" her emotional states gradually sucked the life out of me and drove me into near constant despair. Frankly, it covered deeper issues between us that only began to surface when I stopped caring. When the FOG began to lift the accumulated resentment and anger from my decades of failure began to boil over and find its outlet in pushing back with near equal anger and emotionally shutting her out. I realized that I have no one to blame but myself; she was simply acting out pre-scripted behaviors that she had little control over. And, I encouraged and enabled it.

In the end, perhaps it was me that did harm to her with my enabling behavior. I'm trying to focus on the real source of anger... .my own stupidity; and find outlet in trying to treat others better than myself.

"It's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain."
Mike-X

Relationship status: living apart

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 06:13:57 PM »

I found that my need to love her, be kind, cope, be a better man and try "manage" her emotional states gradually sucked the life out of me and drove me into near constant despair. Frankly, it covered deeper issues between us that only began to surface when I stopped caring. When the FOG began to lift the accumulated resentment and anger from my decades of failure began to boil over and find its outlet in pushing back with near equal anger and emotionally shutting her out. I realized that I have no one to blame but myself; she was simply acting out pre-scripted behaviors that she had little control over. And, I encouraged and enabled it.

In the end, perhaps it was me that did harm to her with my enabling behavior. I'm trying to focus on the real source of anger... .my own stupidity; and find outlet in trying to treat others better than myself.

Don't beat yourself up to badly. I doubt that you were given a handbook for dealing with people with BPD. You learned; you are here; and you are trying to make a difference.
jhkbuzz

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 07:59:19 PM »

There is so much I wish I could say to my ex girlfriend now.

One of the many things I am coming to accept as a part of my transformation is "They who hate others really hate themselves", and while I believe this isn't dogma, it certainly works for me. I believe in it. If you hate others, treat others with contempt, that is exactly how you feel about yourself.

And the truth is, I believe this is the case with my ex. She has shown me so much hate since she painted me black, I believe that's the same way she deep down feels about herself.

That's all

Thanks for having this place to let my thoughts be written down

Reece

I think that is true about her self hatred; they project the loathing they feel for themselves onto others.

And thinking about the kind of human being you want to be - good, loving and kind - despite the way you've been treated - is a wonderful step in the right direction.  
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest