Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 03:13:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonight I made progress.  (Read 393 times)
Reecer1588

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

« on: March 29, 2015, 02:07:06 AM »

Over the course of my relationship with my ex, I became a real dick to a lot of people that she made it seem were harassing her. Tonight there was one girl, who was friends with my ex for over 4 years before my ex "eliminated" her (I use that term because that's exactly the term my ex used with me); who I got in touch with tonight. I told her that I was very sorry for all the mean things I said to her, and that at the time I was heavily under the influence of my Ex and completely unaware of the games she was playing. We talked for a couple of hours, and this particular girl confirmed the same thing that the ex boyfriend said "Her mom is really scary, like super judgmental, and whenever after the divorce XXXX moved back in with her Mom, she became really rude." It was really nice to talk to her, I kind of vented with her. I asked her "On a scale of 1-10, how surprised are you at what I'm telling you happened with her?" and she replied "Oh dude like an 11, I knew her for four years and although she was rude I never knew it was this bad."

So that was one person I made peace with.

Then I messaged a guy that I had really gone after because my ex painted him as this guy trying to take her from me. (Totally false)

Here was my message: Listen man. I owe you an apology for all the sh** I did to you. I'd like to talk to you anytime and get it off my chest

I am NOT saying that we have to be buddies or something. But I owe you an apology because I was a real dick to you at the time. I was blind and under her influence.
He said this in response:

You know what? I owe you a bit of an apology. After that silly stuff happened with XXXX I didn't help either, we were both equally rude in that text message that caused drama. It's funny because I think you were one of my first friends at McLean when I was brand new. I met you and (another friend, not the ex)  at around the same time. The funny part of all of this is XXXX dislikes me now and you. She is crazy lmfao, like actually she seems somewhat mentally unstable, the influence of her mother and father and divorce seemed to ruin her. Maybe we won't be friends but maybe we could. If you're ever in (where he lives) feel free to visit me and *his roommate*, I feel as if catching up could be good for us. On that note how is tennis going and how did everything with XXXX turn out?

Another piece of the puzzle falls into place. He even pinged on the idea he thought she might be mentally ill, and in no way shape or form did I prompt him to do so.

Another peg falls into place. Two other people that my ex "eliminated" from her life. Two people that she influenced me to believe were bad people but really were not.

I feel great for apologizing to these two people. And not only that, both of them immediately said that they saw all along it was her. And that felt GREAT!

Have a good one all,

Reece
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest