Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 06, 2024, 03:29:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I miss the drama  (Read 487 times)
Hopeless777

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Separated

« on: April 26, 2015, 08:27:45 PM »

I know, I know... .no good. My life is so monotonous now and peaceful. It's totally unnerving. I miss all the "excitement" she brought! But not the pain, which clearly outweighs the "excitement." After 28+ years of marriage I am truly split. I need to find a substitute healthy intoxicant to bring back the earthly excitement. Any ideas?

But God does not just sweep life away; instead, He devises ways to bring us back when we have been separated from Him. 2 Samuel 14:14(b) NLT
shatterd

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 08:30:51 PM »

me too man, work more more more  distractions  idk im drowing too
dagwoodbowser

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 09:04:41 PM »

Excerpt
My life is so monotonous now and peaceful. It's totally unnerving.

I kinda understand what you mean here. I have always been a very even keeled guy. Very chill. My BPDx was the complete opposite obviously. Was kinda like a Ying-Yang thing. I was always tempering her down and she would give me  a few doses of zing here and there, but for the most part it was a "negative" type of energy if that makes any sense. Maybe if it was motivating, uplifting and gave a sense of zeal... .but it was caustic and dirty.

We lived together for a full year and things were pretty tempered. She really turned her life around. One day she flat out told me she was "bored?" A few days later she dropped me and asked me to move out. Ironically, 3 months later she came back to me telling me she needed her "Rock" back. I was her compass.
shatterd

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 09:41:46 PM »

ive dreded the im bord texts, i know this all to well also, i tryd to be my best to keep her busy but the horse wouldnt drink, they often ,most evrytime, ment she was hurting   she wouldnt comunicate about it just freekd out when i askd. i prepared myself for a long night and next few days after that. to this day she still wont open about what is hurting her. theres so much inside i dont know why they cant get threw it.
Sunfl0wer
`

Relationship status: He moved out mid March

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 10:20:44 PM »

Do something less risky, but wild and crazy?  Take a day off work, go to amusement park?  Dance in your car all the way to work tomorrow waving good morning at strangers who stare?

How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself.~Anais Nin
Tibbles

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 11:38:06 PM »

Me too - I miss the drama to life, but the peace and calm is soo much better. Together 30yrs so built a life totally fuelled by drama. I struggle getting excitement back. I like the way you put it "substitute healthy intoxicant to bring back the earthly excitement". The important point here for me is "healthy". Tried a few unhealthy ways before I realised what I was doing and had to rethink things. So yep - know what you mean. No suggestions to offer though. I'm trying getting into mindfulness and yoga in a big way and seeing where that leads me. Early days yet but I'm really liking where they are taking me. One thing I never thought I'd miss is the drama and that constant adrenalin going through the body - now I have to get my own drama hit - ironic!
FannyB

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 11:15:06 AM »

Excerpt
My life is so monotonous now and peaceful.

Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) I would have felt the same in my 20s! Now I'm in my 40s I think TFFT!  Smiling (click to insert in post)
zundertowz
Formerly thirdeye

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 12:11:13 PM »

I miss the adoration and the feeling of being important to someone... .but the drama?  Hell No!
confusedinWI

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 01:30:45 PM »

Zunder you captured what I'm feeling. Yes I know I feel important to my children, and that is the world to me. But it's a different type of feeling when someone is on your mind first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I read a quote that says "The first person you think about in the morning and the last person you think about at night is either the reason for your happiness or the reason for your pain."

Feels funny that my ex gf went from the reason for the happiness to now the reason for the pain. Also knowing she moved on three weeks after our two years relationship was over (of which we lived together for seven months, and my kids stayed there three nights a week). She went from all that to some new guy, but at least from what I've heard from a friend he's a downgrade. But she is still in the apartment we shared, and I'm sure she's already taken him back there. That thought sickens me.
Trog

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 04:31:41 PM »

I know, I know... .no good. My life is so monotonous now and peaceful. It's totally unnerving. I miss all the "excitement" she brought! But not the pain, which clearly outweighs the "excitement." After 28+ years of marriage I am truly split. I need to find a substitute healthy intoxicant to bring back the earthly excitement. Any ideas?

Get a badly behaved dog from the dogs home, it'll run you ragged, sometimes come for a cuddle, sometimes bite the hand that feeds it for no reason but at least you where it is every evening & it wont bad mouth you or spend extortionate amounts of time on social media.

Failing that, a budgie?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest