Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 02:58:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Six Months Out  (Read 359 times)
Jack2727

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: June 23, 2015, 07:34:46 AM »

Hey Everyone!

First off, I wanted to thank all of you who have been supportive to me over the past six months. You've all in your own ways helped me put behind one of the most difficult times in my life. I may still post on here from time to time but it will be hopefully more in a support role. Thank you all again.

Update:

Yesterday was the six month mark for me. On Dec 22 of last year I was painfully discarded by my ex gf. My story was very similar to all of yours. I spent the better part of last year dating someone who was so imperfectly perfect. I had never experienced a relationship of that emotional depth to that point in time. I met her about a year ago in Colorado. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. What would transpire for the next 6 1/2 months would be a roller coaster of emotion for me. Some highs but many lows. It was almost like a drug- trying to get back those so perfect moments that I wanted to last forever.

Like so many of you, I was discarded at the lowest point of my life. What preceded the discard was a period where I did everything in my power to make her happy. I gave her my heart and soul. I tried to make the dream come true.

Unfortunately, I should have walked away. See, I was playing a game of Tic-Tac-Toe that I was doomed to lose. I spent thousands of dollars, redirected my life plans, and dealt with months of compromises and frustrations for the hopes that she would treat me the way I deserved to be treated. That she would be that girl I had seen glimpses of.

When my money was about gone, I took a job with a company that I had bad feelings about just to survive. In a cruel twist of fate, that company would add to my misery by laying me off before Christmas. 

Then Dec 22 happened.

I won't go into the details of what happened on that day. For all intensive purposes my relationship was over. She did talk to me for about two weeks after the discard but it was nothing of any substance. On Jan 3, she sent me a bunch of texts saying she never wanted to talk to me again.

And with that she was gone!

It was once said a man really finds himself when he is standing at the bottom of the abyss and he only sees his reflection.

I was at the bottom of the abyss.

The woman I loved was gone, I was without a job, and broke.

Heck, I didn't even know how I was going to pay my rent.

But, something strange happened.

Through all the pain and sadness, I developed a new, stronger self. A self not dependent on others for my own happiness. My mother once said to me that I needed to learn everything the hard way. I guess I had to learn to put my needs first and listen to my gut feelings.

In the past two relationships I failed to do that.

I will never make that mistake again. I still can love but I expect the same in return.

It has been a gradual healing. I still think about her. But it has been getting better everyday. It gets easier people! Eventually the pain will subside. Not to say I don't have periods where I get sad and miss her. I do. But I think I realize now that I did my best. She had a mental condition that I could not solve.

So, I guess for those of you who have been recently dumped or in the process of healing, my thoughts are with you. Hang in there! It may seem like the sun will never shine again. It will! And believe me, if you take this miserable experience as a life lesson you can undergo some incredible soul growth!

As for me, as I said before, thank you. I may post from time to time, but it will more be in a advisement capacity. I hope! Smiling (click to insert in post) For those who have been on parallel journeys during the past six months with me I wish you peace and godspeed. Hopefully y'all will have the happiness you deserve.

Thank you Skip and the rest of the moderators. This site has helped me!

Thank you!

ReclaimingMyLife

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 09:17:44 AM »

Jack2727,

I am so happy to read your post.   I am so happy YOU found YOU at the bottom of that abyss... . which I can only imagine felt overwhelming with the b/u, the layoff,  and the lack of money.   You rose from those ashes,  and I admire you and am inspired by you.   I congratulate you for your grit and determination as I suspect both were required in large doses.   Thank you for sharing.   I was doing pretty well but over the last month I find I was back in the FOG.   Not sure why exactly but seems to have been the case.   I think I have walked out or through again and appreciate your image of the abyss.   I feel like I am outside,  looking up,  anticipating I have a hard climb ahead of me,  but am hopeful,  determined,  and confident that I will,  like you, successfully make this climb.  

CONGRATS ON WINNING THE GOOD FIGHT!   YOU DONE GOOD!

Thank you!

rml
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest