Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 04:37:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I noticed a weird shift in my uBPDex's behavior yesterday.  (Read 357 times)
valet
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: July 24, 2015, 04:34:18 PM »

I don't know where to put this (staying/leaving/coping?), but I went to a poetry reading and drank some beers with my ex and some mutual friends last night and it seemed... .totally normal?

She was doing a lot of 'remember that' kinds of talking, specifically aimed at me, and actually seemed more than capable of having a conversation that wasn't driven by me and/or silence.

It was as if, suddenly, I am not a trigger for her anymore. That the girl I remember had returned for a moment (even if she is incapable of sustaining this).

Yes, I understand the risks of this. I'm not going to assume anything about her intentions. I really feel that I'm extremely close to gaining some kind of long term acceptance about the romantic relationship ending, and although those interactions made me second guess myself, I understand that this is a.) part of the push/pull of the friendship, b.) a recycling of the idealization phase, intended to draw me back in, c.) she has a new target replacement, and she is just excited to be back on the chase again.

Strangely, I am not confused. The relationship is over in my eyes, but I hope that this can be parlayed into a positive friendship.

SummerStorm

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 05:00:55 PM »

I admire your desire to remain friends.  Unfortunately, I can no longer be friends with mine, even though we were friends much longer than we were romantically involved.  She is also moving 3,000 miles away soon, so it wouldn't make sense to continue the friendship.  Still, I had hoped that we could at least remain in contact, even if it was to just wish each other a happy birthday or something.  I just really don't see that happening. 

I guess my advice to you is to just be cautious.  Even a friendship with a pwBPD can be very difficult.  When I was just friends with my exBPD, long before either one of expressed any attraction to the other, she was unreliable at best.  I guess it depends on what kind of friendship you want to have with her.  Trying to be best friends with my exBPD was definitely not easy.  She frequently canceled plans at the last minute, which was very frustrating. 

I wish you all the best and am glad you've reached a point where you have accepted that the relationship is over.

So when will this end it goes on and on/Over and over and over again/Keep spinning around I know that it won't stop/Till I step down from this for good - Lifehouse "Sick Cycle Carousel"
valet
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 08:32:36 PM »

I know that I am contradicting myself, but at times the attachment overrides my ability to think logically.

I want to let go, but it is difficult.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest