Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 05, 2024, 12:47:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do BPD re-engage you after getting engaged to new supply?  (Read 1042 times)
stacma04

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: September 11, 2015, 12:42:54 PM »

I don't think theirs really a definitive answer to this but I'll ask anyway. My BPD ex is now engaged, I have gone strict NC. blocked his email address, changed my phone# also have him blocked on FB. I was NC for 6 months, broke it and now 3 months NC again. Now that he's engaged to be married, and seems to be committed to his fiance, should I be worried that he will try to make contact again? He did tell me that he can never commit to me and I should move on with my life...  I'm in a better place now but just don't want to have to go through the drama again.

Just a side note... .while we were NC six months ago he met his new supply broke up with her to come back to me then went back to her and is now engaged.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Pretty Woman

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

The Greatest Love is the Love You Give Yourself

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 01:31:33 PM »

Why not? BPD's are predictable unpredictable.

You thought you were in a committed relationship, correct? What makes an engagement different? A ring on the finger? My ex had a ring on her finger... .several times... .from several different people... .she is not with any of them... .she's been in touch with ALL of them after the broken engagement... .even if it's years later. If he starts to devalue her you might be painted white again and maybe he will re-engage. You never know.

If he couldn't commit to you what makes you think he can commit to anyone? It could happen but you can't worry about it. None of us can predict the future. If he is truly BPD the likeliness is it won't be any different for his new fiancee. They tend to repeat patterns. Mine does.

Try to get the focus of him though... .that is not going to help you in the longrun. You can't crawl inside his head and figure out his every move. Keep on focusing on moving forward. If and when he re-engages you will be able to handle it when the time comes.

shatra

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 02:22:18 PM »

stacma wrote----

He did tell me that he can never commit to me and I should move on with my life...  

---Did he say this at breakup or after the 6 mos NC? What was the reason for the breakup?

while we were NC six months ago he met his new supply broke up with her to come back to me then went back to her and is now engaged.

----So he has already done this. It is possible he will do this again then.

stacma04

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 02:29:00 PM »

Hi Shatra,

He did tell me that he can never commit to me and I should move on with my life...  

He said this after we got back together after 6 months NC, and at time of the breakup via text.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest