Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 08:08:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.21 | BPD in-laws: Experiences and coping strategies  (Read 4954 times)
Xola

What is your sexual orientation: Bisexual
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Inlaw
Relationship status: LC with enNONb (31), dBPDsil (27, d12, s9, joint d3, s1) and SO's shared custody d(?)ADHDs10 (probably uADHDm or uBPDm).

« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2021, 01:33:39 PM »

I'd like to add under 1.:

- me being confronted with BPD - the term borderline was said to me by my brother referring to her - but me not knowing what it was and what it could do and what a devil it is once present in your family and surrounding.

Also I would like to mention that my now SO (relationship of 1y4mo) has a 10 yo son with ADHS (50/50 shared custody with child's mother) and I find that especially challenging because of my past experiences with my Non B, dBPD SIL and U ex NPD Bf.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 01:41:55 PM by Xola » Logged

Xola

What is your sexual orientation: Bisexual
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Inlaw
Relationship status: LC with enNONb (31), dBPDsil (27, d12, s9, joint d3, s1) and SO's shared custody d(?)ADHDs10 (probably uADHDm or uBPDm).

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2021, 02:04:14 PM »

I'd like to add under 4.:

My NonBPD brother usually do NC for the past 2 years. Except 2 months ago I said something to my brother that I hoped would clear up a bit one of the roots of misunderstandings between him and me. It was a very late reply to an accusation he had expressed towards me about 3 1/2 years ago during the times we had been engaging in discussing/arguing with each other about what had happened between us. 2 months ago was only a short interaction. A few days later he tried to reach out to me by text saying he wanted to ask me something to which I did not reply until I eventually did today. I did send him a birthday message a week after that, 2 months ago to which he replied. So I guess it's very LC instead of NC with my NonBPD brother, it's NC with dBPD SIL, which she does not seem to have issues with.

I have no idea if she has been in psychological treatment since meeting my brother, I think not. She may have been in psychological treatment during or after her first two pregnancies, treatment extend and length of time are unknown by me.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 02:11:33 PM by Xola » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Get Someone into Therapy
Treatment of BPD
Full Clinical Definition