Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 03:00:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Its getting better but it still hurts. Any advice?  (Read 356 times)
virtus

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: February 23, 2016, 02:04:04 PM »

Since my last post, i havent seen my ex girl. She told some people of O dont stop talking about her, she'll "have me taken out". Real nice, coming from a woman who said she loved me and the sex was phenomenal. Shes supposedly in a new relationship but Om guessing thats not true. I unblocked her phone number but am commited to not call her but Im curious(hoping?) she"ll call me.

Our relationship ended with the police being involved and restraining orders (she took one out in retaliation for my legitimate one). She also showed up OUTSIDE an AA meeting to torment me (Big baby, do you need some tissues?) about 6 weeks ago.

With the court and police stuff havong been resolved, does anyone think she will contact me?
Anez

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 02:31:47 PM »

My advice would be to block her number and never contact her again. Just by the way she's treated you in the past why would you want someone like that in your life? Not judging at all, just wondering.

Do you really want someone like that in your life? Someone who pulls up to you AA meeting and mocks you?

Look at her whole picture. Not just the good stuff. But her whole entire picture.

then I'd block the number, go NC, and start recovering.
virtus

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 10:20:55 PM »

i did block her number. do the crazy people ever held accountable? just using, abusing & horrifying peoples lives? this was one of the most horrifying experiences of my life. nearly broke me.
AndrewS

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 11:57:33 PM »

Sadly virtus they won't be held accountable because they have no sense of self, hence no feeling of responsibility or empathy. You have to stop working with normal sense of fairness or justice or you will go mad, I did.
MapleBob

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 12:56:35 AM »

First of all: this girl sounds like really bad news, and I hear you that it hurts and that you miss her.

As far as accountability goes: I'd like to believe that what goes around comes around, and that eventually her own actions will force some accountability from her.
virtus

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 04:14:33 PM »

The cycling of emotions, the realization that it was just my being in love with the image of S and the woman I wished she could have been (loving, affectionate, compassionate and empathetic) were incongruent to who she actally is, is one of the hardest parts of this expereience. As i always ask myself, how can one be so good, loving and supportive (turns out enabling) of someone and have it end the way it did and have her be so angry and vengeful towards me? I guess the BPD traits answer some of this but its still very hard. We were once both in a good mood, having a great night, hokding hands on the way home from a nights out and she showed me a picture of her friends diamond engagement ring and she was smiling. I saod I know someone who os thinking of doing the same in the spring (me proposing to her). Her mood became instantly nasty and she said "Save yourself the ___ing heartache"

How can this be explained. please help me understand?  A woman with BPDs input would be great.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest