Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 12:43:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well that was certainly a plot twist  (Read 1291 times)
.cup.car

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Single

C:\Papyrus

« on: March 05, 2016, 10:36:52 PM »

I looked her up out of sheer curiosity. Probably shouldn't have done that.

She's homeless in Australia. No job, no money, no place to go, not currently enrolled at any school down there, and begging on some app for a place to stay for the night. I don't know why anyone would willingly admit to this on social media.

Part of me was completely jacked. That's my confirmation that she won't disrupt this upcoming racing season. I was extremely worried about that. The same thing happened to my buddy when he raced in Vernon - his ex showed up to the track with a new guy just to harass him. So to sit here and know that won't happen to me is glorious.

But I did the math, and it's hard not to feel partially at fault. She gets busted posting about me online, the cops go talk to her and her family, and she responds by fleeing to the other side of the world to presumably escape the embarassment.

I feel so much guilt for this outcome. I knew the court documents would cause a rift in their family due to what I included; but never imagined it would be this extreme.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 10:54:24 PM »

I looked her up out of sheer curiosity. Probably shouldn't have done that.

She's homeless in Australia. No job, no money, no place to go, not currently enrolled at any school down there, and begging on some app for a place to stay for the night. I don't know why anyone would willingly admit to this on social media.

She got in trouble for doing this before. Sounds like she hasn't learned, or is addicted to the perceived social validation.

Do you feel guilt, or responsibility here?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
.cup.car

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 11:42:24 PM »

She got in trouble for doing this before. Sounds like she hasn't learned, or is addicted to the perceived social validation.

Do you feel guilt, or responsibility here?

Both. I crafted the court exhibits in a way where if she went to mommy and daddy for help with the whole thing - which she did - they'd see she bombarded me with all of these crazy "daddy hits me" messages. Those, coupled with her sister siding with me in private, most likely cause outbursts at home I can't even begin to comprehend. And then for her to go and press the issue to the point where the police had to show up at her place AGAIN - well somebody had to tell the cops about it in the first place, right?

I feel like I don't deserve anything good to happen to me. When this all started she lost her job as a result, and it took me a while to live with that. Now, it's a step further and she's homeless... .Just feels like I'm waiting for Karma.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 11:48:34 PM »

Was the way you originally set this up.motivated by the desire for revenge (whether to get back at her, or expose her to the world), or to protect yourself?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
.cup.car

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 12:59:45 AM »

Was the way you originally set this up motivated by the desire for revenge (whether to get back at her, or expose her to the world), or to protect yourself?

Well taking things to court was done to protect myself. This girl would just pop up out of the blue to continue arguing about a relationship that literally didn't matter anymore. It really messed with me and I wanted it to stop. It was like having a clingy girlfriend, but she didn't do girlfriend things - she followed me around every once in a while and called me names. Like, when was it going to end? Are we going to be 30 and fighting about a relationship we had when we were 17? Cause we were halfway there.

I pushed certain buttons in the court documents because I was afraid her folks would support her and help spin a story to paint me as the bad guy - which is a real risk given how women receive preferential treatment in the court system. So I intentionally mentioned stuff that would cause fights in her household to lessen the chances of them helping her out. Not that I lied about anything, I just included some really private stuff that was both integral to the situation AND bound to cause problems.

But I guess now it's finally hitting me what all that warranted:

- her parents hate her

- her sister hates her

- she lost her job

- she ran away to the other side of the world

- she's now homeless in a foreign country

Meanwhile I sit here with basically no repercussions, and I feel like I almost deserve a bit of punishment for it.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 01:12:45 AM »

What would you do differently, if you knew then what you know now?

.cup.car

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 03:08:55 PM »

What would you do differently, if you knew then what you know now?

I'm... .I'm not sure. I shudder to think what would have happened if I wasn't assertive and allowed her to walk all over me.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest