Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 03:22:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It was never my fault.  (Read 493 times)
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: March 28, 2016, 10:29:59 PM »

I stumbled across this by accident, and I can't say how much its helped me to understand that nothing he did was my fault. And I felt like it was always my fault that I was to blame, he blamed me so often for it, but I only wish I knew what he was going through, and i wish when I mattered to him, when I didn't become this bad omen in his life that I could've helped him.

But I can't move on without knowing if he's okay. I need to know if he's okay because he's in such a fragile state, But I know if i do that it will trigger things, and I know he's better off without me in his life. And I miss him, with all my heart I miss the good person he was. But now I can only think was it an exaggeration that he loved me because of this disorder? Was it all a lie?
hurting300

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 10:53:58 PM »

You should send him a friendly message if you're worried about him.

In the eye for an eye game, he who cares least, wins. I, for one. am never stepping into the ring with someone who is impulsive and doesn't think of the downstream consequences.
C.Stein

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 09:09:41 AM »

Hello  

Was any of it real?  :)id (s)he ever love me?  Was it all a lie?

These are some of the most frequently asked questions following a breakup with a borderline.  Most people are so deep in the FOG (Fear-Obligation-Guilt) they still feel responsible for their ex-partner.  

The hardest thing you will face now is finding a way to accept what has happened, who he is and giving yourself the closure he cannot provide.  It will be tough, I know all to well, but we are here to help you through this and help you find something positive you can take away with you moving forward.  

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest