Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 06:03:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do  (Read 379 times)
atomic popsicles

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 17, 2016, 06:30:23 PM »

I know I am posting a lot. I'm 9 days into this break up, and you guys are my companions. I have great friends but  they are all happily coupled or happily single and while they are here for me, I know this is tiresome for them.

I'm having a hard time tonight... .and frankly, I'm dreading the next few weekends when my children are with their dad (not the BPD ex). Two exes. Hard to wrap my head around.

Last night I was bombarded with texts. Crazy, delusional texts, but texts. In some (unhealthy) ways, it was something. I told him not to contact me and I went nc. Except for one mistext today he hasn't contacted me. That hurts, though it really is a good thing, I guess.

My question is I don't know what to do with myself. My children are teens so they really don't want to hang with mom. Last weekend I was repairing the damage he did to my home so I was busy. All week I have met with lawyers and just tried to keep going.  This weekend, and it seems like the rest of my life, stretches before me in unending loneliness and sadness. That sounds so melodramatic. But that's how I feel. So in the first few weeks post breakup, how do you get through it... .when you are still raw but not healed, so you are yearning for your ex? I just want to sleep or stare at the ceiling... .and that is not a good thing.

Jmmpd
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 07:41:01 PM »

It's great that you are reaching out to this community. I don't post much but read the boards constantly. I have the same problem where I need to find ways on the weekends to keep busy now that we are no longer together. I participate in a kickball league run by zog sports, joined a gym and am researching running clubs for beginners. Try to keep yourself busy. Maybe there are some meetups in your town. This is your time to find yourself and rediscover your interests. I also attend a support group.
atomic popsicles

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 09:17:00 PM »

Can you tell me how meet ups work?
Naughty Nibbler

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 12:33:23 AM »

HEY atomic popsicles:

Just Google Meet Up __________ (enter your city in the blank).  If you don't get returns for your state, then add your state to it.  You can also, search for a region (the county you live in).  You will find opportunities to share experiences with other people as a group.  It could be for a walk on the beach, a hike, bike ride, meet at a restaurant, photography outing, etc.

You will sign up with a logon ID and book appts. to join in and have some fun.

So, for this weekend, are you close to a park, beach or somewhere to go for a nice walk (take a camera)?  Take your headphones, listen to some music and just appreciate the scenery and be in the moment.  Go to a movie (it is okay to go by yourself), read a book, binge watch a Netflix series.

What do you like to do? Any hobbies?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest