Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 16, 2024, 12:49:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He wants to draw my tattoo  (Read 392 times)
Cloudy Days

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: July 11, 2016, 02:30:17 PM »

My husband for the longest time told me he didn't like tattoos, something I always wanted more of (I have one) but he didn't like them so I didn't get anymore out of respect for him. He has been hanging out with one of his cousins lately and recently started a huge tattoo on himself (a sleeve). He knew I wanted a tattoo before any of this so I asked him if his cousin would give me one. It's been agreed to and we have an appointment set up.

First my husband questioned me about the tattoo I picked out, it is two roses and I searched for probably a month before I found one I was really happy with. I told him that it could easily represent me and him, he seemed to be happy with that. I understood quickly he wants this to be about us because he wanted me to put his name in it which I declined to do, I told him I would be happy to get his signature somewhere but I want this to be the roses and nothing else. Now he is asking me why I don't get something he has drawn. I didn't say no, I just said that I want it to look nice and he sends back "piss off". He's drawn some stuff before and it looked nice but I have a particular style that I have been wanting. I just feel like I should get to choose what is on me for the rest of my life. How do I stop this from being about him? I don't want him to bully me into getting something I don't actually want.

It's not the future you are afraid of, it's repeating the past that makes you anxious.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

ArleighBurke

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: was married - 15 yrs

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 07:01:49 AM »

I think you are justified in getting what YOU want - it's a permanent thing on YOUR body.

Its sounds like your response to him suggesting you use his artwork was a bit offensive. "I want something nice" implies that what he suggests ISN'T nice.

Perhaps it's good to look at what he suggests - say that his designs are good - then say it's your body and you want X. You don't need to justify it.

Your journey, your direction. Be the captain!
adaw

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 04:42:33 PM »

They do tend to have a god complex I will say hell no
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest