Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 12:58:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello world  (Read 336 times)
Done4
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: December 22, 2016, 06:42:22 AM »

Hi,

Thanks to you all for coming together and building this community.

I'm really here about my ex gf who has not actually been diagnosed, but appears to have some of the similar symptoms to folks that have been diagnosed with a pd.   

I'd really like to just read others posts and try to find some closure.

This relationship over 4 yrs has had many breakups/reconciliations but this summer she had a fairly aggressive meltdown that started in the middle of a bar, and ended with her becoming physically violent back at the hotel room.  I still have no idea what has happened that night that caused her to act that way.  We've spoken since and she's never answered why.

We've 'hooked up' for a few dates, but asking if she'd like to continue the relationship ends with a no.

She works where I do (but not with me) and at the xmas party I asked why she called me to hook up then decided not to continue the relationship and the answer was that she didn't know.  Of course, that was a phone call after the xmas party.  During the xmas party, she just walked away and treated me like I was her enemy.  Seems quite unstable.  I even asked why she called me after the party if she was going to treat me like that during the party.

Who knows, i'd just like some understanding, although from what I read i'll probably never get it.

Thanks for having me.
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 10:14:43 AM »

Hi Done4

Welcome

I'm sorry to hear that you are not getting understanding from your exgf. You are definitely not alone in that. I'm glad you found the forum, because many of the members here DO understand what you are going through.

Even though your ex hasn't been diagnosed, the label isn't as important as the behaviors that brought you here. It's really difficult to deal with meltdowns, especially when they get violent. And the hookups without wanting more don't surprise me. If BPD is a factor, that would make a lot of sense, as pwBPD are often comfortable in relationships that are sometimes close, but not too close, so that the fears of abandonment/engulfment won't rear their heads as often.

How long were you together? Are you hoping to rekindle the relationship?

Keep writing. We're here to help.  Smiling (click to insert in post)

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest