Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 06:39:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can the npd/BPD change from overt to covert abuse  (Read 330 times)
bus boy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: December 30, 2016, 08:10:54 PM »

When xw and I lived together she was an overt emotional abuser, after she left she was much more covert, sly and devious. As I always say, she left and for 8 years we had a sexual r/s, did things together with our son, I was at her house 2 or 3 nights a week, maybe more. It seemed like a r/s but it wasn't, controlled my access to s10, she Was still abusing me emotionally just in a different way. Had no intention of being with me as husband and wife, would quit talking to me for 2 or 3 weeks that out of the blue get a text and back in bed we were and the whole confusing cycle would start again. What usually pushed her over the edge was me suggesting she show me affection or that we go to counselling.
jonmnemonic

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 12:45:31 AM »

There's only the stuff you know about and the stuff you don't.  Call it overt/covert or passive-aggressive/aggressive it doesn't really matter.  What you can be sure of is they will use whatever means necessary to exert control over you to get what they want.
GlennT

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 02:22:45 AM »

Wow... your BPD/narc xw is producing , directing, and starring in her own BPD home horror movie. In order for their movie to be a success, the co-stars, we nons, must never question them on their lies, over-look their cheating, never tell them we love them with true feeling, or offer any true intimacy, or they will tell us when to leave and come back, always do for, and agree with them, and become sniveling cowards when they get angry, in other words, we, and our real core trauma issues, do not matter, we must be as shallow and fake as they are.  

Always remember what they do:Idealize. Devalue. Discard.
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.~ Churchill
bus boy

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 06:39:16 AM »

GlennT, xw was shallow and fake, I became shallow and fake and a sniveling coward around her but xw had nothing but disrespect for me for becoming a coward. They project what they dislike about them selves on to us non's and than dislike that part of us they projected.
   And it was a hum dinger of a horror movie xw produced.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest