Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 15, 2024, 05:52:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
I think it's Borderline Personality Disorder, but how can I know?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Here  (Read 394 times)
AlliKat
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: January 02, 2017, 02:49:44 PM »

I have recently been diagnosed with BPD and I am currently waiting for therapy to start in the new year. I am having a really hard time and sometimes I feel like I am getting worse and I am really looking for an online community to help me through the process as well as helping me deal with my lonliness. I am 22 and recently failed at ammn attempt,  I am now slowly trying to get help and get back on my feet, please have patience and respect with me.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Mutt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 08:41:58 PM »

Hi Allitkat,

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult period, I can relate with feeling alone and nobody understands what you're going through. It helps to talk to others that can relate with you. Are you safe right now ow?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
drained1996

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 01:29:04 AM »

Hi AlliKat,

We understand you are dealing with a difficult time and you are looking for support.  And that's what we do here, so I have a referral to pass your way:  

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/Themes/default/welcome3.html

This particular site is more geared towards dealing with people who have been in a relationship with someone with BPD, and aiding in their understanding and dealing with things that come along with such ties.  The above link will be more geared towards the healing process from the perspective of someone that suffers from BPD.  I personally acknowledge your courage in reaching out for help, and I hope you find the support you need.  This just isn't the place that caters to the support type you seek.  We hope you understand... .and find what you desire and need in a support network.  It's great to see you have reached out and are getting the guidance of a therapist, many of us have done the same, and found them worth their weight in gold!  Good on you for taking a step to better your future!  
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest