Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 11:38:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternate Childcare Was The Right Thing To Do  (Read 375 times)
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« on: February 02, 2017, 02:03:39 AM »

My exMIL used to watch the kids.  Coming up on 3 years ago,  I had to call the cops after them D2 told me that then U17 was touching her privates. Much drama ensued. They went back to the home after several months being out,  but with clear boundaries bring communicated by me and my ex.  Family denied it,  but complied.  I didn't fear av relapse,  but psychological issues with now D4. After TFCBT (trauma focused) it was determined that there was no trauma. D4, however,  did mention it to the T a year after she mentored it to me or her mom. 

Last month,  D4 mentioned something to her mom.  My ex mentioned it to grandma who wanted to talk to D4 alone.  No way in hell.  Grandma said that she didn't want her son's live ruined,  and the kids had to leave. So we've been scrambling these past two weeks.  Time of work,  etc. 

We found the mother of one of S7's classmates. She lives near his school,  and she can take D4 to her school at 9AM which is great. I don't punch a clock,  but I'm still expected to put in my hours at a minimum. All of this BPD Er, "stuff" cost my first bad review in 24 years.  X, then BPD mother last year after thought i just had stabilized.  Tens of thousands in deferred compensation of I extrapolate it. Money is what it is.  I drive an 8 year old Mazda.  I'm not into bling, but securing our future. 

The new schedule is a burden.  I'm trying to get into work before 7 on days I don't have the kids.  Ideally,  by 630. On days I have the kids,  by 930. Given a 3-2-2-3 schedule (3's being Friday through Monday morning), my sleep time switches every few days by two hours.  I like to think I don't need much sleep,  but in middle age,  I feel it,  even if I deny it. 

I picked up the kids today, their first week with the new sitter.  The kids were calm am relaxed. What a difference! When I'd pick them up from grandma's house,  they'd be running around, yelling, throwing things... .  I felt the the bad guy doing Turkish Voice(tm) to stop it. 

Given what happened to D4, my ex is understandably hesitant to trust. I get that& I validated her.  However,  when we interviewed the family last week,  I was struck on how well behaved her kids were,  the D in S7's class,  the brother two years older.  Really well adjusted kids.  I refused to date a woman 10 years ago based upon a bad vibe and also how I observed her 4 yo daughter (obvious anxiety  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)

Putting the kids to bed tonight,  I asked them how it was going with the babysitter. They said fine.  S7 asked why grandma couldn't watch them anymore.  I said that she justcouldn't.  He said (didn't ask) it was because grandma hit them a lot.  I asked him to demonstrate it (assuring him he had my permission and he wouldn't be in trouble). He smacked me on the butt. He also said that she pinched them. 

I had previously communicated this to my ex.  She forbade her mom from doing this, but jet mom apparently didn't listen.  Smacking the backside is legal on California, but the custody stipulation forbids any spanking. I asked our son how often it happened. Apparently every day.  Given the difference in behaviors,  it didn't seem to work.

My ex,  who had the kids the last two days,  said that she observed their calm demeanor,  too.  She said it was sad,  but that we dud 2 the right thing (taking them out).

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 04:11:53 AM »

Turkish,

I'm very happy to hear of this new arrangement with your kids' babysitter. After reading your post, I felt relief wash over me. You have really been going through the wringer and I hope this is the beginning of better and calmer days for you and your children.

I very much admire your commitment and ability to stay reasonable during this after-relationship storm. Are you able to get self-care in these days? You deserve a break! 

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 12:42:59 PM »

Any extra time is to make up hours at work. This weekend I'll be tidying up the house since my ex it's coming over mid afternoon Monday to be with us at the initial (actially the third, but this is with A Is For Apple, referred by the Easter Seals) ABA assessment for S7 to see if he needs resources to support us with his ASD1 (Asperger's). I don't know what self care is. Maybe I can catch a matinee Saturday morning... .

D4 was asking questions this morning. "So grandma went somewhere?" No. "So grandma's at her house?" I don't think she gets why we took them out. We're giving a belated birthday party for S7 this afternoon at a bounce castle place. They will see their cousins at least. We'll see who else shows up. The family blamed my ex for me reporting this 2.5 years ago. Weird dynamic. I'll never wrap my head around families which hide or even defend dysfunction behind closed doors.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 01:12:28 PM »

My dad spanked us in the same way that you describe GM doing to your kids.

Hit a kid to get a kid to stop hitting 

It escalated the hitting, if anything

I hope your kids get some peace with this new situation.

Breathe.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 01:41:16 AM »

At the bounce party today,  only the recent SIL and her daughter showed up.  She married my ex's older uBPD brother last year.  No one else made it.  At least he had some classmates there.  He didn't seem to notice.  The new cousin is a nice girl. I asked my ex on the way out if her sister and her 3 year old son just couldn't make it or if they didn't want to. She replied probably a little bit of both.  That is what I surmised. I'll give her credit for pushing past the pain of an invalidating  (punishing) family. Sometimes I'm glad I'm an only child.  Not only the insult of removing the kids,  but that household loses  $700/month cash from us.  When I met her,  my ex was 8 years moved out,  yet still payed her parents $400/mo. The two adult boys living there (the eldest into his late 30s) got away with paying next to zero or zero.  

Girls definitely were devalued there,  and this played a significant part in how my ex turned or with depression, anxiety,  and her dysfunctional BPD like behaviors. They don't get it,  they never will.  I think part of my ex painting me white is because I stood up for our daughter, dam the consequences.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 11:30:46 PM »

I talked to a buddy at work today. His parents emigrated from Mexico in the 60s. My ex'said did in the '80s (mom and the rest of the family in the late 90s). He said that there is a lot of pride in the culture,  and even his mom frustrates him sometimes, not talking to a sibling for years over some perceived slight. He said his wife recently struggled with this pride with his own sister (I got that he supported his wife, but he wisely didn't get into the midis middle of it by engaging in triangulation). No matter what she did,  I still feel sympathy for my ex having to deal with this dynamic. Support as need vis-a-vis the kids,  but no rescuing. 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest